Friday, September 7
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Pictures will be taken today.
- Do you want to get more involved in extracurricular activities at Centennial? Then attend Quad Day today during your 4th, 5th, or 6th hour lunch period on the North Upper Deck. Over thirty clubs, organizations, and teams are represented and can help you sign up to join. Please see Ms. Fundator in room 230 or Mr. Chedister if you have any questions. See you there!
- Chargers, please remember that social probation has started this week. Our social probation run on Tuesday, September 11 will determine who can attend homecoming on September 22nd. Attendance, grades, and discipline from this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week will affect your eligibility.
- Any girl interested in trying out for basketball should attend a short meeting on Monday, September 10th at 3:30 pm in the cafeteria.
- Need to purchase PE clothes? Wish you would have purchased them at registration? They are still available for sale. Shirts are $10.00 and shorts are $15.00. Stop by the Athletic Office today to purchase yours!
- Are you a junior or senior who is interested in joining the Science National Honor society? Look for the hot pink posters for the google classroom code and join for more information and applications. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Sudlow in room 122. Don't delay. Everything is due September 12.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Friday, September 7th: 2nd hour-University of Miami (Florida)
Monday, September 10th 3rd hour- Augustana College
4th hour- Bradley University
Tuesday, September 11th 5th hour- Northern Illinois University
Thursday, September 13th 1st hour-Illinois Wesleyan University
3rd hour-Knox College
4th hour-Defiance College
Northern Illinois University will be hosting a Free Application day on Tuesday, September 11th. Students who apply to Northern at the College and Career Center during this day will receive a free application waiver, instead of paying the normal $40 application fee! Please talk to Mr. Chun to sign up!
- PSAT/NMSQT signups will be before and after school September 7th, 10th, and 11th. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship.10th graders can take this test as practice (meaning it will not count for the National Merit Scholarship) but juniors can take it to see if they qualify for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18.00 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
Are you a gardener or a volunteer with time for green space care? The courtyard off the lunchroom at Centennial needs helpers who can pull weeds, clean up trash and generally keep the space looking beautiful. A person handy with a saw and hammer would be helpful, too, for repair of the gazebo roof. Ideas for the courtyard are also welcome. Please send interest or questions to either teacher Mary Malloy at firstname.lastname@example.org (the volunteer overseer of the green space) or PTSA leader Melanie Mader Paul at email@example.com.
Open House will be held Tuesday, September 11th at 6:00 pm.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.