Thursday, September 6
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- You may order your class shirts now by completing the form that is in your grade level Google Classroom page! After ordering, please bring your $10 payment to Ms. Bednar in Room 225. All orders should be placed by today.
- Picture day will be tomorrow. Pictures will be taken during PE, Health, or Band classes.
- Any girl interested in trying out for basketball should attend a short meeting on Monday, September 10th at 3:30 pm in the cafeteria.
- Have you completed two years of math at Centennial and want to help your fellow students? Come to the Math Honors Society informational meeting today after school at 3:30 pm or Friday, September 7th before school at 7:30 pm in room 236 to learn more.
- Need to purchase PE clothes? Wish you would have purchased them at registration? They are still available for sale. Shirts are $10.00 and shorts are $15.00. Stop by the Athletic Office today to purchase yours!
- Do you want to get more involved in extracurricular activities at Centennial? Then attend Quad Day this Friday, September 7th during your 4th, 5th, or 6th hour lunch period on the North Upper Deck. Over thirty clubs, organizations, and teams are represented and can help you sign up to join. Please see Ms. Fundator in room 230 or Mr. Chedister if you have any questions. See you there!
- Are you a junior or senior who is interested in joining the Science National Honor society? Look for the hot pink posters for the google classroom code and join for more information and applications. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Sudlow in room 122. Don't delay. Everything is due September 12.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
- Thursday, September 6th:
- 2nd hour-University of St. Francis
- 4th hour- Vanderbilt University
- Friday, September 7th:
- 2nd hour-University of Miami (Florida)
- PSAT/NMSQT signups will be before and after school September 7th, 10th, and 11th. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship.10th graders can take this test as practice (meaning it will not count for the National Merit Scholarship) but juniors can take it to see if they qualify for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18.00 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
Are you a gardener or a volunteer with time for green space care? The courtyard off the lunchroom at Centennial needs helpers who can pull weeds, clean up trash and generally keep the space looking beautiful. A person handy with a saw and hammer would be helpful, too, for repair of the gazebo roof. Ideas for the courtyard are also welcome. Please send interest or questions to either teacher Mary Malloy at firstname.lastname@example.org (the volunteer overseer of the green space) or PTSA leader Melanie Mader Paul at email@example.com.
Open House will be held Tuesday, September 11th at 6:00 pm.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.