Wednesday, September 5
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Interested in best buddies? Come to an informational meeting in room 119 after school today. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Davies in room 110 or Mrs. Magers in the fresh/sop center.
- The seniors of Interact are hosting the Annual Freshman Dance! It will be held at Centennial High School tonight for food, drink, music, and a fun time! Starting at 7:00 pm, the sports themed dance is a great opportunity to hang out. So wear your favorite jersey and come on down! See you there!
- Do you want to get more involved in extracurricular activities at Centennial? Then attend Quad Day this Friday, September 7th during your 4th, 5th, or 6th hour lunch period on the North Upper Deck. Over thirty clubs, organizations, and teams are represented and can help you sign up to join. Please see Ms. Fundator in room 230 or Mr. Chedister if you have any questions. See you there!
- You may order your class shirts now by completing the form that is in your grade level Google Classroom page! After ordering, please bring your $10 payment to Ms. Bednar in Room 225. All orders should be placed by Thursday, September 6th.
- Have you completed two years of math at Centennial and want to help your fellow students? Come to the Math Honors Society informational meeting September 6th after school at 3:30 pm or September 7th before school at 7:30 pm in room 236 to learn more.
- Are you a junior or senior who is interested in joining the Science National Honor society? Look for the hot pink posters for the google classroom code and join for more information and applications. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Sudlow in room 122. Don't delay. Everything is due September 12.
College and Career Center Events:
-The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
- Wednesday, September 5th:
- 1st hour- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Thursday, September 6th:
- 2nd hour-University of St. Francis
- 4th hour- Vanderbilt University
- Friday, September 7th:
- 2nd hour-University of Miami (Florida)
- PSAT/NMSQT signups will be before and after school September 7th, 10th, and 11th. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship.10th graders can take this test as practice (meaning it will not count for the National Merit Scholarship) but juniors can take it to see if they qualify for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18.00 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
-Parkland's Career Exploration Night will be tonight at Parkland's Applied Technology Building (T building). This is a night where students and parents can explore different careers in the CTE field and meet employers in the automotive, construction, electronics, horticulture and other CTE related fields. Students can also talk to career and admissions counselors as well. Please RSVP online at parkland.edu/ctecareernight, and talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
Are you a gardener or a volunteer with time for green space care? The courtyard off the lunchroom at Centennial needs helpers who can pull weeds, clean up trash and generally keep the space looking beautiful. A person handy with a saw and hammer would be helpful, too, for repair of the gazebo roof. Ideas for the courtyard are also welcome. Please send interest or questions to either teacher Mary Malloy at email@example.com (the volunteer overseer of the green space) or PTSA leader Melanie Mader Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture day will be held Friday, September 7th. Pictures will be taken during PE, Health, or Band classes.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.