Friday, September 28
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Attention Students: If you are planning on attending the football game at Urbana this Friday, the game will start at 5:00 pm and gates will open at 4:15 pm. We will be checking social probation and you will need a photo ID (either driver’s license or school ID) to enter the game. You cannot bring book bags into the game. Thank you.
- Help Centennial beat Urbana at this Friday’s football game by bringing in canned good donations. Help Eastern Illinois Foodbank by Tackling Hunger and show our community how much Centennial cares. Place all food items in the collection bins outside the Library. Items or money can also be donated at the game in Urbana.
- Black Culture Club will be having a Mandatory meeting Monday October 1st after school in room 127. The meeting will begin promptly 3:20 pm. If you are a current member or interested in becoming a member, please attend this meeting. Please direct any questions to Mrs. Thomas in room 127.
- Looking for dinner on Monday, October 1st? Help support the football booster club by eating at Panera on Kirby Monday between 4:00-8:00 pm.
- PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, October 2nd both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or student entrance stairwell (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school ,students should come through the student entrance
- Attention all girls! That's What Teens Say is a three day conference about empowerment, confidence, and communication building. If you are interested in applying please see your counselor by October 5th.
- Any student interested in wrestling, we will start weight training and conditioning from 3:30-4:45 on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays next week.
- Need help with a writing assignment? Need a quiet place to work? Come to the Writing Center! There are plenty of tutors available to help in English, history, science, creative writing, and anything else you can think of at any stage of the writing process! We also help with college applications and ACT/SAT practice. There is also plenty of workspace (and sometimes even snacks). We are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm in room 228!
- Need help with math? Math tutoring kicks off THIS TUESDAY, October 2!
Tuesdays: Room 239, 3:30-4:15
Wednesdays and Thursdays: Room 236, 3:30-4:15
Look for Jam Sessions leading up to final exams this December!
Four Centennial Students have been named Commended Students in the 2018 National Merit Scholarship program. They earned this honor due to their performance on last year’s PSAT. These outstanding students are:
Bryn Gerwinn, Kashyap Joshi, Gina Kim, Ki Lim
Also, four Centennial Students have been named Semifinalists in the 2018 National Merit Scholarship program and have the opportunity to continue in the National Merit Scholarship competition. These outstanding students are:
Mary Ann Ha, Mona Jawad, Amy Paul, Pranali Vani
This is a great honor for these students and we are all really proud of them.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Friday, September 28th:
-3rd hour: Belmont University
4th hour- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture.
Monday, October 1st:
3rd hour- Transylvania University
5th hour- MacMurray College
7th hour-Eastern Illinois University
Tuesday, October 2nd:
1st hour- University of Chicago
5th hour- Purdue University
7th hour- Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech)
Thursday, October 4th:
7th hour- Indiana State University
Friday, October 5th:
5th hour- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Silgan Closures, which a local business that wants to help students find employment options after high school, will be coming to Centennial High School on Tuesday, October 2nd, during 3rd hour. If you are interested in coming, people email or talk to Mr. Chun to sign up!
Our FAFSA completion night will be Tuesday, October 2nd from 6:00-8:00 pm. The list of material to bring can be found on the CCC website, but in general, please bring tax forms, social security number or green card number, and records of any financial assets you may have. You do not have to sign up for this, but if you have any questions. Please contact Mr. Chun if you have any questions!
"PSAT/NMSQT registration will reopen from this Wednesday, September 26th to Friday September 28th. Students can register at the College and Career Center before and after school. There will only be a limited amount of tests, so registrations will on a first come, first serve basis. Tests will cost $18, and checks can be made payable to Centennial High School."
The Parkland CTE Open House is a great hands-on way to see different careers choices such as automotive, aviation, electrical power, engineering, hospitality, and much more! This field trip will be on October 12th, from the end of 1st hour to 6th hour. This opportunity is only open for juniors and seniors. Field trip forms can be found at the College and Career Center and are due by September 28th, but please turn it in as earlier as you can because spots are limited!! Please talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid will open on Monday, October 1st .If you are thinking about how to pay for college, the FAFSA is one of the ways you can find money for your education. Please contact Mr. Chun for more information!
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.