Friday, September 21
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Tickets for Saturday's football game at Memorial Stadium will be sold outside Gates 10, 12, and 14. All tickets will be $5. You can park at the State Farm Center or in lot E-14. All parking will be free. No book bags will be allowed in the stadium and purses must be less than 8 1/2 by 11 1/2..
- Rattle the Stars is having a meeting on Monday, September 24th at 3:30 pm in room 230. We will discuss and organize our fall semester events. Please join us, all are welcome!
- Monday, September 24th, at 5:30 p.m.: Learn about differences between the ACT and SAT exams, tips for managing anxiety, and preparation for the tests from a speaker with the Sylvan Learning Center. In conjunction with the PTSA monthly meeting in the Blue and White Conference Room, or nearby classroom.
- Anyone interested in joining Centennial's Math Honor Society, applications are due Friday, September 21st by 3:30. For more information, join the google classroom code that can be found in your grades google classroom. Talk to Mrs. Miller or Mr. Bagniefski if you have any questions."
Attention ALL students:
ID cards are still available in the Attendance Office.
Please pick them up today.
Also, if you are new to Unit 4 Schools, you may need to take a picture.
This can be done in the Attendance Office.
Starting 9/17/18, a valid student ID card with the MTD logo will be required to ride for free.
(Not all students qualify for this)
FRIDAY - Charger Spirit Day
- Tickets ($5) on sale during 4/5 lunches & after school
- Pep Rally - approximately 2:00
- Parade - following the Pep Rally (approximately 2:45)
Football vs. Peoria Notre Dame - 10:00 AM @ Memorial Stadium (UIUC)
Homecoming Dance - 7:00-10:00 PM in the gym
Homecoming Dance tickets will be $5 and on sale today. They may be purchased during 4th and 5th lunches today. Tickets will not be sold during 6th hour. If you wait until after school to purchase your tickets, you must wait until after the parade. As always, students must be cleared from social probation to purchase tickets.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Friday, September 20:
-1st hour: Indiana University Kokomo
Tuesday, September 25th:
-3rd hour: Washington University in St. Louis
Wednesday, September 26th:
-1st hour: Greenville University
-4th hour: Michigan Technical University
-5th: hour: Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion
-7th hour: Spring Arbor University
Thursday, September 27th:
-5th hour: Western Illinois University
Friday, September 28th:
-3rd hour: Belmont University
The Parkland CTE Open House is a great hands-on way to see different careers choices such as automotive, aviation, electrical power, engineering, hospitality, and much more! This field trip will be on October 12th, from the end of 1st hour to 6th hour. This opportunity is only open for juniors and seniors. Field trip forms can be found at the College and Career Center and are due by September 28th, but please turn it in as earlier as you can because spots are limited!! Please talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid will open on Sunday, October 1st If you are thinking about how to pay for college, the FAFSA is one of the ways you can find money for your education. For more information, please come to Financial Aid Night on Tuesday, September 25th at 6:00 pm in room 119. Please contact Mr. Chun for more information!
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.