Centennial High School Daily Bulletin
Mastery Community Perseverance Integrity
Wednesday, September 12
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Students, if you have not picked up your school ID card in the Attendance office please do so as soon as possible. If you are new to Unit 4, we will announce when the ID’s are ready. Beginning September 17th ALL MTD riders will be required to have ID’s with their MTD stickers on them.
- Chargers, please remember that social probation has started this week. Our social probation run on Tuesday, September 11th will determine who can attend homecoming on September 22nd. Attendance, grades, and discipline from this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week will affect your eligibility.
- Come to Centennial Dance Team Fundraiser at Chili’s on Thursday, September 13th from 11am- 10:30 pm.
- Are you interested in law, debates, and acting? You are all welcome to join CHS Mock Trial team. First meeting will be today in room 219. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Behrends.
- Are you a junior or senior who is interested in joining the Science National Honor society? Look for the hot pink posters for the google classroom code and join for more information and applications. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Sudlow in room 122. Don't delay. Everything is due today.
- There will be an informational meeting for Science Olympiad after school today in room 122. Learn about the events, try-outs and other important stuff. Want to be on the team but can't attend? See Mrs. Sudlow in room 122.
- Fiction Addition, Centennial's book club, will meet this today after school until 4:00 pm. Fiction Addiction is open to all Centennial students and a place to discuss the books of your choice with others who enjoy reading and snacks. Members also make recommendations of books to be added to the library collection and go on the occasional field trip. Fiction Addition--Wednesday after school in library!
- Attention New NHS members: NHS induction ceremony will be this Thursday, September 13th. New members should be in the auditorium by 6:15 pm for ceremony instructions and seating directions. Be on time so the ceremony can start on time and run smoothly. The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 pm. If you have questions, please see Mr. Schmitt in room 224 or Ms. Susan Thomas in room 211."
- Centennial's Black culture will hold our first meeting this Thursday, September 13 at 3:30 pm in room 127.This club is open to ALL Centennial students who are interested in celebrating Black Culture and supporting the fight against the oppression of Black people. If you have been thinking about joining the Black Culture Club, think no more...Just Do It!
- "The Scholastic Bowl team will hold tryouts this Thursday, September 13th, in Portables 3 & 4. Anyone wishing to play Scholastic Bowl this year should attend. Everyone is welcome! Please contact Mr. Cheun or Mr. Sorice with any questions."
- Key Club will have their first meeting this Thursday, September 13th in room 121. If you are interested in community service and helping others this is the club for you. Come see what it is all about this Thursday in room 121 after school.
- Want to join Fellowship of Christian Athletes? First informational meeting with be this Friday, September 14th at 7:30 pm in room 119.
- Homecoming is upon us! More details will be released soon about next week's events, but we wanted to give you a heads up on the Spirit Week dress up days! Monday is Superhero/Villan Day, Tuesday is Neon Day, and Thursday is Beach Day. Dress code rules do apply! And of course, wear your best blue and white Charger gear on Friday!
Homecoming Dance tickets will be $5 and on sale next week. They may be purchased during lunches and after school Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tickets will not be sold during 6th hour on Friday. If you wait until Friday after school to purchase your tickets, you must wait until after the parade. As always, students must be cleared from social probation to purchase tickets.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Thursday, September 13th 1st hour-Illinois Wesleyan University
3rd hour-Knox College
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.