Centennial High School Daily Bulletin
Mastery Community Perseverance Integrity
Tuesday, September 11
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Open House will be held tonight at 6:00 pm.
- Chargers, please remember that social probation has started this week. Our social probation run on Tuesday, September 11th will determine who can attend homecoming on September 22nd. Attendance, grades, and discipline from this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week will affect your eligibility.
- "Art Club will hold its first meeting of the year today, at 3:30 pm in room 207E, we will be discussing our projects and what we will be doing for this semester"
- Are you interested in law, debates, and acting? You are all welcome to join CHS Mock Trial team. First meeting will be Wednesday, September 12th in room 219. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Behrends.
- Fiction Addition, Centennial's book club, will meet this Wednesday, September 12th after school until 4:00 pm. Fiction Addiction is open to all Centennial students and a place to discuss the books of your choice with others who enjoy reading and snacks. Members also make recommendations of books to be added to the library collection and go on the occasional field trip. Fiction Addition--Wednesday after school in library!
- There will be an informational meeting for Science Olympiad after school on Wednesday, September 12th in room 122. Learn about the events, try-outs and other important stuff. Want to be on the team but can't attend? See Mrs. Sudlow in room 122.
- Attention New NHS members: NHS induction ceremony will be this Thursday, September 13th. New members should be in the auditorium by 6:15 pm for ceremony instructions and seating directions. Be on time so the ceremony can start on time and run smoothly. The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 pm. If you have questions, please see Mr. Schmitt in room 224 or Ms. Susan Thomas in room 211."
- Centennial's Black culture will hold our first meeting this Thursday, September 13 at 3:30 pm in room 127.This club is open to ALL Centennial students who are interested in celebrating Black Culture and supporting the fight against the oppression of Black people.
If you have been thinking about joining the Black Culture Club, think no more...Just Do It!
- "The Scholastic Bowl team will hold tryouts this Thursday, September 13th, in Portables 3 & 4. Anyone wishing to play Scholastic Bowl this year should attend. Everyone is welcome! Please contact Mr. Cheun or Mr. Sorice with any questions."
- Key Club will have their first meeting this Thursday, September 13th in room 121. If you are interested in community service and helping others this is the club for you. Come see what it is all about this Thursday in room 121 after school.
- Want to join Fellowship of Christian Athletes? First informational meeting with be this Friday, September 14th at 7:30 pm in room 119.
- Are you a junior or senior who is interested in joining the Science National Honor society? Look for the hot pink posters for the google classroom code and join for more information and applications. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Sudlow in room 122. Don't delay. Everything is due Wednesday, September 12th .Need to purchase PE clothes? Wish you would have purchased them at registration? They are still available for sale. Shirts are $10.00 and shorts are $15.00. Stop by the Athletic Office today to purchase yours!
- Homecoming is upon us! More details will be released soon about next week's events, but we wanted to give you a heads up on the Spirit Week dress up days! Monday is Superhero/Villan Day, Tuesday is Neon Day, and Thursday is Beach Day. Dress code rules do apply! And of course, wear your best blue and white Charger gear on Friday!
Homecoming Dance tickets will be $5 and on sale next week. They may be purchased during lunches and after school Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tickets will not be sold during 6th hour on Friday. If you wait until Friday after school to purchase your tickets, you must wait until after the parade. As always, students must be cleared from social probation to purchase tickets.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, September 11th 5th hour- Northern Illinois University
Thursday, September 13th 1st hour-Illinois Wesleyan University
3rd hour-Knox College
4th hour-Defiance College
Northern Illinois University will be hosting a Free Application day today. Students who apply to Northern at the College and Career Center during this day will receive a free application waiver, instead of paying the normal $40 application fee! Please talk to Mr. Chun to sign up!
- PSAT/NMSQT signups will be before and after school September 11th. In the Jr./Sr. office. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship.10th graders can take this test as practice (meaning it will not count for the National Merit Scholarship) but juniors can take it to see if they qualify for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18.00 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
- To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.