Monday, September 10
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Open House will be held Tuesday, September 11th at 6:00 pm.
- Chargers, please remember that social probation has started this week. Our social probation run on Tuesday, September 11 will determine who can attend homecoming on September 22nd. Attendance, grades, and discipline from this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week will affect your eligibility.
- Any girl interested in trying out for basketball should attend a short meeting today at 3:30 pm in the cafeteria.
- "Art Club will hold its first meeting of the year this Tuesday, Sept 11th, at 3:30 pm in room 207E, we will be discussing our projects and what we will be doing for this semester"
- Fiction Addition, Centennial's book club, will meet this Wednesday after school until 4:00 pm. Fiction Addiction is open to all Centennial students and a place to discuss the books of your choice with others who enjoy reading and snacks. Members also make recommendations of books to be added to the library collection and go on the occasional field trip. Fiction Addition--Wednesday after school in library!
- There will be an informational meeting for Science Olympiad after school on Wednesday, Sept. 12 in room 122. Learn about the events, try-outs and other important stuff. Want to be on the team but can't attend? See Mrs. Sudlow in room 122.
- "The Scholastic Bowl team will hold tryouts this Thursday, September 13th, in Portables 3 & 4. Anyone wishing to play Scholastic Bowl this year should attend. Everyone is welcome! Please contact Mr. Cheun or Mr. Sorice with any questions."
- If you missed having pictures on Friday, make up day will be Wednesday, October 17th.
- Are you a junior or senior who is interested in joining the Science National Honor society? Look for the hot pink posters for the google classroom code and join for more information and applications. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Sudlow in room 122. Don't delay. Everything is due Wednesday, September 12.Need to purchase PE clothes? Wish you would have purchased them at registration? They are still available for sale. Shirts are $10.00 and shorts are $15.00. Stop by the Athletic Office today to purchase yours!
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Monday, September 10th 3rd hour- Augustana College
4th hour- Bradley University
Tuesday, September 11th 5th hour- Northern Illinois University
Thursday, September 13th 1st hour-Illinois Wesleyan University
3rd hour-Knox College
4th hour-Defiance College
Northern Illinois University will be hosting a Free Application day on Tuesday, September 11th. Students who apply to Northern at the College and Career Center during this day will receive a free application waiver, instead of paying the normal $40 application fee! Please talk to Mr. Chun to sign up!
- PSAT/NMSQT signups will be before and after school September 10th, and 11th. In the Jr./Sr. office. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship.10th graders can take this test as practice (meaning it will not count for the National Merit Scholarship) but juniors can take it to see if they qualify for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18.00 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.