Friday, August 31
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Attention Students: A reminder that backpacks will not be permitted into the football game tomorrow.
- Thespians meeting will be today at 3:30 pm. Any questions see Ms. Green
- Charger 4-H will hold their first meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 4th. Come to room 115 at 3:30 pm to discuss the semester and enjoy some snacks.
- You may order your class shirts now by completing the form that is in your grade level Google Classroom page! After ordering, please bring your $10 payment to Ms. Bednar in Room 225. All orders should be placed by next Thursday, September 6th.
- The seniors of Interact are hosting the Annual Freshman Dance! It will be held at Centennial High School this Wednesday for food, drink, music, and a fun time! Starting at 7:00 pm, the sports themed dance is a great opportunity to hang out. So wear your favorite jersey and come on down! Once again, the dance is on Wednesday, September 5th and starts at 7:00 pm. See you there!
- Students: If you have not registered your Chromebook, you should have received an email in your school email account with a link to register it. Please do so immediately. Thank you.
- Expressions choir will perform on am1400 WDWS today at 9:00am, if you would like to tune in. They will also sing at Jimmy John's from 12:30-1:15pm on Kirby Avenue. Please join us if you have 6th hour lunch, as we love to have an audience
- This Saturday, September 1st, is the Central vs. Centennial football game and Centennial will sing the National Anthem with Central on the track before the game. Anyone interested in purchasing a “United in Harmony” T shirts should bring $10.00 to the choir room today. This event is an annual "spirt" performance to remember Centennial student Clif Aldridge and Central student Kegan Bannon.
- The choir is hosting a blood drive to show support for our accompanist, Mrs. Perla Robertson who is battling stage four metastatic cancer. Students please sign up for the Blood Drive by today. All students who sign up will receive a free T-Shirt. You can sign up at age 16 with a signed parent consent form. Students who are 17 and 18, simply need to sign up. Thank you for your support for Mrs. Robertson. The link is in your google classroomhttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0445adab2aa2f85-centennial
College and Career Center Events:
Senior Night will be Tuesday, September 4th at the College & Career Lecture Hall (room 119) at 6:00 pm. Parents and students can learn about how to plan for life after high school, and can also attend informational sessions with admissions representatives from the University of Illinois and Parkland College.
-The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
- Wednesday, September 5th:
- 1st hour- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Thursday, September 6th:
- 2nd hour-University of St. Francis
- 4th hour- Vanderbilt University
- Friday, September 7th:
- 2nd hour-University of Miami (Florida)
-PSAT/NMSQT signups will be before and after school September 7th, 10th, and 11th. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
-Parkland's Career Exploration Night will be next Wednesday, September 7th at Parkland's Applied Technology Building (T building). This is a night where students and parents can explore different careers in the CTE field and meet employers in the automotive, construction, electronics, horticulture and other CTE related fields. Students can also talk to career and admissions counselors as well. Please RSVP online at parkland.edu/ctecareernight, and talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
Parents/guardians of all entering freshmen, and all students new to Unit 4, must present their child’s current school physical with an immunization record by Monday, September 1st in the main office.
Parents/guardians of all seniors: Seniors must have proof of their second meningitis shot. If student received 1 shot they must have second shot after 16 years of age. Deadline Monday, September 1st in the main office.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.