Thursday, August 30
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Students: If you have not registered your chromebook, you should have received an email in your school email account with a link to register it. Please do so immediately. Thank you.
- Need a ticket to the Centennial vs Central football game on Saturday and want to skip the line? The athletic office will be selling tickets today during lunch periods and after school until 4:00 pm.
- Attention Students: A reminder that backpacks will not be permitted into the football game this Saturday.
- You may order your class shirts now by completing the form that is in your grade level Google Classroom page! After ordering, please bring your $10 payment to Ms. Bednar in Room 225. All orders should be placed by next Thursday, September 6th.
- Thespians meeting will be on Friday, August 31st at 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. Any questions see Ms. Green
- Charges! Our very first Gay-Straight Alliance meeting of the year will take place today, afterschool. Find us in room 234 as we talk about our Pride Parade and activities for the year.
- Students: as a reminder, we have ongoing construction on the track and football field. Students and staff should not be on the track or field at any time.
- Just a reminder if you are late for school please use the student entrance door on the north side of the building. You will need to check in with attendance office before going to class.
- Expressions choir will perform on am1400 WDWS on Friday morning at 9:00am, if you would like to tune in. They will also sing at Jimmy John's from 12:30-1:15pm on Kirby Avenue. Please join us if you have 6th hour lunch, as we love to have an audience
- This Saturday, September 1st , is the Central vs. Centennial football game and Centennial will sing the National Anthem with Central on the track before the game. Anyone interested in purchasing a "United in Harmony" T shirts should bring $10.00 to the choir room on Friday. This event is an annual "spirt" performance to remember Centennial student Clif Aldridge and Central student Kegan Bannon.
- The choir is hosting a blood drive to show support for our accompanist, Mrs. Perla Robertson who is battling stage four metastatic cancer. Students who are 16, need to have a parent permission slip signed and returned by this Friday in order to give blood. Students who are 17 and 18 are encouraged to sign up to donate in the choir room (room 202) with Mrs. Wyatt by Friday.
- Students please sign up for the Blood Drive by Friday. All students who sign up will receive a free T-Shirt. You can sign up at age 16 with a signed parent consent form. Students who are 17 and 18, simply need to sign up. Thank you for your support for Mrs. Robertson. The link is in your google classroomhttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0445adab2aa2f85-centennial
College and Career Center Events:
Senior Night will be Tuesday, September 4th at the College & Career Lecture Hall (room 119) at 6:00 pm. Parents and students can learn about how to plan for life after high school, and can also attend informational sessions with admissions representatives from the University of Illinois and Parkland College.
-The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
- Wednesday, September 5th:
- 1st hour- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Thursday, September 6th:
- 2nd hour-University of St. Francis
- 4th hour- Vanderbilt University
- Friday, September 7th:
- 2nd hour-University of Miami (Florida)
-PSAT/NMSQT sign ups will be before and after school September 7th, 10th, and 11th. This is a great way to practice for the SAT, as well as be considered for the National Merit Scholarship. It will cost $18 to take the test. If you need to request accommodations, please contact Mr. Chun immediately.
-Parkland's Career Exploration Night will be next Wednesday, September 7th at Parkland's Applied Technology Building (T building). This is a night where students and parents can explore different careers in the CTE field and meet employers in the automotive, construction, electronics, horticulture and other CTE related fields. Students can also talk to career and admissions counselors as well. Please RSVP online at parkland.edu/ctecareernight, and talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
Parents/guardians of all entering freshmen, and all students new to Unit 4, must present their child’s current school physical with an immunization record by Monday, September 1st in the main office.
Parents/guardians of all seniors: Seniors must have proof of their second meningitis shot. If student received 1 shot they must have second shot after 16 years of age. Deadline Monday, September 1st in the main office.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.