Wednesday, August 29
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Students: If you have not registered your chromebook, you should have received an email in your school email account with a link to register it. Please do so immediately. Thank you.
- Need a ticket to the Centennial vs Central football game on Friday and want to skip the line? The athletic office will be selling tickets today and Thursday during lunch periods and after school until 4:00 pm.
- Attention Students: A reminder that backpacks will not be permitted into the football game this Friday. Please make arrangements to get your backpacks home before coming to the game. Thank you
- You may order your class shirts now by completing the form that is in your grade level Google Classroom page! After ordering, please bring your $10 payment to Ms. Bednar in Room 225. All orders should be placed by next Thursday, September 6th.
- Thespians meeting will be on Friday, August 31st at 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. Any questions see Ms. Green
- Charges! Our very first Gay-Straight Alliance meeting of the year will take place this Thursday, August 30th, afterschool. Find us in room 234 as we talk about our Pride Parade and activities for the year.
- Empower is back! If you are interested in ending rape culture and supporting survivors of sexual assault and harassment. Please come to Empower’s first meeting in room 234 on Wednesday, August 29th after school. Remember you are not alone!
- Students: as a reminder, we have ongoing construction on the track and football field. Students and staff should not be on the track or field at any time.
- Just a reminder if you are late for school please use the student entrance door on the north side of the building. You will need to check in with attendance office before going to class.
- Expressions choir will perform on am1400 WDWS on Friday morning at 9:00am, if you would like to tune in. They will also sing at Jimmy John's from 12:30-1:15pm on Kirby Avenue. Please join us if you have 6th hour lunch, as we love to have an audience
- This Friday, August 31st, is the Central vs. Centennial football game and Centennial will sing the National Anthem with Central on the track before the game. Anyone interested in purchasing a "United in Harmony" T shirts should bring $10.00 to the choir room on Friday. This event is an annual "spirt" performance to remember Centennial student Clif Aldridge and Central student Kegan Bannon.
- The Centennial choir is having a fundraiser for choir today at El Toro on Springfield. I will also have additional copies in the choir room for anyone who needs one.
- The choir is hosting a blood drive to show support for our accompanist, Mrs. Perla Robertson who is battling stage four metastatic cancer. Students who are 16, need to have a parent permission slip signed and returned by this Friday in order to give blood. Students who are 17 and 18 are encouraged to sign up to donate in the choir room (room 202) with Mrs. Wyatt by Friday.
- Students please sign up for the Blood Drive by Friday. All students who sign up will receive a free T-Shirt. You can sign up at age 16 with a signed parent consent form. Students who are 17 and 18, simply need to sign up. Thank you for your support for Mrs. Robertson. The link is in your google classroomhttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0445adab2aa2f85-centennial
College and Career Center Events:
Senior Night will be Tuesday, September 4th at the College & Career Lecture Hall (room 119). Parents and students can learn about how to plan for life after high school, and can also attend informational sessions with admissions representatives from the University of Illinois and Parkland College.
Parents/guardians of all entering freshmen, and all students new to Unit 4, must present their child’s current school physical with an immunization record by Monday, September 1st in the main office.
Parents/guardians of all seniors: Seniors must have proof of their second meningitis shot. If student received 1 shot they must have second shot after 16 years of age. Deadline Monday, September 1st in the main office.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.