Tuesday, August 28
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Need a ticket to the Centennial vs Central football game on Friday and want to skip the line? The athletic office will be selling tickets on Wednesday and Thursday during lunch periods and after school until 4:00pm.
- Attention Students: A reminder that backpacks will not be permitted into the football game this Friday. Please make arrangements to get your backpacks home before coming to the game. Thank you.
- Students: If you have not registered your chromebook, you should have received an email in your school email account with a link to register it. Please do so immediately. Thank you.
- Thespians meeting will be on Friday, August 31st at 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. Any questions see Ms. Green
- Are you interested in Coding? Are you a girl? Join us Today, from 3:30-4:30 pm in room 123 to learn about Girls Who Code, a new club! See Jennifer Chen, Mr. Linnenburger, or Mrs. K. Miller for more information.
- Charges! Our very first Gay-Straight Alliance meeting of the year will take place this Thursday, August 30th, afterschool. Find us in room 234 as we talk about our Pride Parade and activities for the year.
- Empower is back! If you are interested in ending rape culture and supporting survivors of sexual assault and harassment. Please come to Empower’s first meeting in room 234 on Wednesday, August 29th after school. Remember you are not alone!
- Students: as a reminder, we have ongoing construction on the track and football field. Students and staff should not be on the track or field at any time.
- Just a reminder if you are late for school please use the student entrance door on the north side of the building. You will need to check in with attendance office before going to class.
- If you had a mentor last year, stop in and see Mrs. Easter in room 106C behind the cafeteria for details about getting reconnected.
- This Friday, August 31st, is the Central vs. Centennial football game and Centennial will sing the National Anthem with Central on the track before the game. Anyone interested in purchasing a "United in Harmony" T shirts should bring $10.00 to the choir room on Friday. This event is an annual "spirt" performance to remember Centennial student Clif Aldridge and Central student Kegan Bannon.
- The Centennial choir is having a fundraiser for choir on Wednesday at El Toro on Springfield. I will also have additional copies in the choir room for anyone who needs one.
- The choir is hosting a blood drive to show support for our accompanist, Mrs. Perla Robertson who is battling stage four metastatic cancer. Students who are 16, need to have a parent permission slip signed and returned by this Friday in order to give blood. Students who are 17 and 18 are encouraged to sign up to donate in the choir room (room 202) with Mrs. Wyatt by Friday.
- Expressions choir will perform on am1400 WDWS on Friday morning at 9:00am, if you would like to tune in. They will also sing at Jimmy John's from 12:30-1:15pm on Kirby Avenue. Please join us if you have 6th hour lunch, as we love to have an audience
If you have taken classroom safety (have a driver’s education permit) and need to sign-up for Behind-the –wheel training, please come to the gym to pick up an sign-up/ informational sheet
College and Career Center Events:
Senior Night will be Tuesday, September 4th at the College & Career Lecture Hall (room 119). Parents and students can learn about how to plan for life after high school, and can also attend informational sessions with admissions representatives from the University of Illinois and Parkland College.
Parents/guardians of all entering freshmen, and all students new to Unit 4, must present their child’s current school physical with an immunization record by September 1st in the main office.
Parents/guardians of all seniors: Seniors must have proof of their second meningitis shot. If student received 1 shot they must have second shot after 16 years of age. Deadline September 1st in the main office.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.