Monday, August 27th
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Parent-Teacher-Student Association meeting at 5:30 pm tonight, in the Blue and White Conference Room.
- If you had a mentor last year, stop in and see Mrs. Easter in room 106C behind the cafeteria for details about getting reconnected.
- Thespians meeting will be on Friday, August 31st at 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. Any questions see Ms. Green
- If you have taken classroom safety (have a driver’s education permit) and need to sign-up for Behind-the –wheel training, please come to the gym to pick up an sign-up/ informational sheet.
- Are you interested in Coding? Are you a girl? Join us Tuesday, August 28th, from 3:30-4:30 pm in room 123 to learn about Girls Who Code, a new club! See Jennifer Chen, Mr. Linnenburger, or Mrs. K. Miller for more information.
- Interested in joining Student Council? Our first meeting will be on Tuesday, August 28th at 7:30 am in the Centennial Library. We’d love to see you there as we begin planning Homecoming.
- Charges! Our very first Gay-Straight Alliance meeting of the year will take place this Thursday, August 30th, afterschool. Find us in room 234 as we talk about our Pride Parade and activities for the year.
- Empower is back! If you are interested in ending rape culture and supporting survivors of sexual assault and harassment. Please come to Empower’s first meeting in room 234 on Wednesday, August 29th after school. Remember you are not alone! Students: as a reminder, we have ongoing construction on the track and football field. Students and staff should not be on the track or field at any time.
- Just a reminder if you are late for school please use the student entrance door on the north side of the building. You will need to check in with attendance office before going to class.
College and Career Center Events:
Senior Night will be Tuesday, September 4th at the College & Career Lecture Hall (room 119). Parents and students can learn about how to plan for life after high school, and can also attend informational sessions with admissions representatives from the University of Illinois and Parkland College.
Parents/guardians of all entering freshmen, and all students new to Unit 4, must present their child’s current school physical with an immunization record by September 1st in the main office.
Parents/guardians of all seniors: Seniors must have proof of their second meningitis shot. If student received 1 shot they must have second shot after 16 years of age. Deadline September 1st in the main office.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.