May 18, 2018
Clubs and Activities
- Attention anyone interested in girl’s cross country. There will be a short meeting on Tuesday, May 22nd at 3:30 pm in room 222. Please plan to attend to learn about summer training.
- All students that are signed up for AP World History next year must attend an informational meeting, Tuesday, May 22th OR Wednesday, May 23 at 3:30 in room 119 (the college and career lecture hall). The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the summer assignment and collect information. Please make it a priority to attend. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Scarlett in 215 or Mr. Jackson in 219. Thank you!
- Chado, Japanese tea ceremony, will be returning for the final time to Centennial’s Library on Monday, May 21st at 3:30 pm. This is a traditional Japanese art form hundreds of years old and representatives from the University’s Japan House will be here to share with us. We will honor the memory of Luke Miller at this tea ceremony. Tea ceremony is free and open to all.
- Last Chance: PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, May 22nd both before and after school. Students will need to be dressed in their PE clothes and ready to go on the south side of the building or student entrance stairwell (in the case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school students should come through the students entrance to access the locker room.
- If you are an AP Macroeconomics student in the fall semester, please see Mr. Meagher in room 212 after school at 3:30 pm on Tuesday, May 22nd. If you are registered for the spring term, your meeting will be in the fall.
- If you are an AP European History student registered for next year, please meet with Mr. Meagher in the library at 3:30 pm on Wednesday, May 23rd.
- The Library will reopen on Friday, May 18th, and will continue to be open through Friday, May 25th for QUIET STUDY ONLY!!
- ALL Library materials is due TODAY. Please be sure to return them to the drop boxes, inside or outside of the Library.
- As the weather gets warmer, there are a few violations that cause students to be sent to the APs offices. Please remember the following dress code guidelines:
- For young men & ladies, clothing must cover undergarments and midriffs. This means no tube tops or halter tops for ladies.
- Garments with tobacco, drugs, profanity, gang or sexual innuendo are prohibited
Those in violation will be asked to change or call home to provided alternate clothes.
Final Exam Schedule for Seniors and Junior Grads
Monday, May 21st - 1st-4th - hour as usual 5th-8th - hour Exams
Tuesday, May 22nd - 1st-4th hour - Exams (students are finished after 4th hour)
The Champaign Unit #4 School Board wants to hear your voice. The Board is looking for a Centennial student to be a Student Ambassador.
The Student Ambassador will
· Attend all regular and study session meetings of the Board
· Meet with a variety of students and student groups in order to gain a broad understanding of student interests, concerns and needs
· Represent all students
· Communicate student viewpoints on issues before the Board
· Answer Board questions and concerns from a student perspective
· Review the Board meeting packet and student-generated discussion items with his/her Principal prior to each Board meeting
You can pick up an application today in the MAIN OFFICE.
· Applications are due to Mr. Neitzel in the Main Office by Friday, May 25, 2018.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.