April 5, 2018
Clubs and Activities
- Any girls interested in playing basketball next year should plan to attend an informational meeting about off-season workouts and games on Sunday, April 8th at 3:00 pm in the cafeteria.
- Applications are now being accepted for Young Scholars, P/O/E/T?S or SPHERES-a six-week summer intensive program that places you in an engineering, physics or bioengineering research lab at U of I. Participants will work with medical devices, biological robots, 3D printing, cancer, genetics, neuro research, electronics, power optimization, nuclear physics, or astrophysics. Info session with participating Professor Doug Beck held on Wednesday, April 11th at 3:30 pm in room 119 of Centennial.
- Do you have ideas for improving our school’s lunch? Join the School Garden Committee on Monday, April 9th during 6th hour to discuss starting a school garden and to have your opinions heard. We will meet in room 119.Snacks will be provided.
- Safety and Behind the Wheel applications for the summer are available in the main office and the freshman/sophomore center. They are due Friday, May 4th.
- Register for Dance Marathon! April 20th, 6:00-10:00 pm., join us in the Centennial Gym. $20.00 to register, and it includes a t-shirt, tons of food, music, and endless fun! Come and support the children of St. John’s Children Hospital. Registration forms are available in room 236. See Mrs. .K. Miller for details
College and Career:
Computer Science @ Illinois Sail
CS @ ILLINOIS Sail is an annual event that introduces high school students to computer science and student life at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
This Year, it will take place Saturday, April 7th from 9am-6pm at Siebel Center. The event is completely free to students. Go to the CCC website, and click on the “Fun Opportunities” tab to find out more information and register!
Tuesday, April 10th ALL 11th grade students will be taking the SAT. Only 11th grade students will be attending school that day.
Monday, April 16th ALL 9th grade students will be taking the PSAT. They will be taking the test in the gym. All other students will be in attendance.
Tuesday, April 17th ALL 10th grade students will be taking the PSAT. They will be taking the test in the gym. All other students will be in attendance
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.