March 9, 2018
Clubs and Activities
- Sunday, March 11th at 1:00 pm there will be a celebration of Luke’s life here around the flagpole as a remembrance on the 1 year anniversary of Luke’s passing. All are invited
- The search for Centennial’s next Principal is underway. As part of this process, members of the District’s Executive Team will be hosting a Family, Student & Community Forum in the College and Career Lecture Hall (Room 119) on Tuesday, March 13th at 6:00 p.m. to get input on what you’re looking for in a new leader. Parents/Guardians who attend the Family & Community Forum will also have the opportunity to express interest in being part of the interview teams. If you cannot attend the Forum but are interested in serving on an interview team or have questions about the hiring process, please contact the Unit 4 Human Resources Office at (217) 351-3822.
- PE make-up will be taking place on Tuesday, March 13th both before and after school. Students will need to be dressed in their PE clothes and ready to go on the track or student entrance stairwell (in the case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school, students should come through the student entrance to access the locker room.
- Seniors: Have you been in 2 foreign languages? Or: Do you speak a heritage language at home and have taken class in another language? If so, you are eligible for Centennial’s “Trilingual Award”. Talk to Frau Malloy in Room 220 to see if you qualify for recognition from the University of Illinois’s “Center for Translation Studies” and presented at the Senior Award Night in May. Deadline is Wednesday, March 14th.
- Are you interested in writing your own poetry, fiction, or other original work? Come join a group of supportive writers to share and create your own stories with Creative Writing Club. We meet the first and third Monday of the month in room 203. The next meeting is March 12th at 3:30 pm.
College and Career:
Friday, March 9th 4th hour The Marines
Monday, March 12th 1st hour University of Illinois at Chicago
4th hour Eastern Illinois University
Tuesday, March 13th 2nd hour University of St. Francis
Wednesday, March 14th 1st hour Southern Illinois University Carbondale
3rd hour University of Missouri, St Louis
Graduating seniors, consider applying for one of three $500 PTSA scholarships being awarded this year. Two will be awarded on a “need” basis and one will be merit based. Applicants must maintain a “B” average or better and be enrolling in an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university in the summer or fall. Applications can be found on Naviance, and please turn the applications to Mrs. Johnson at the Junior/Senior Center by Monday, March 26th
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.