Wednesday, March 6
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- This year’s Vice Versa Dance will be held on Saturday from 7:00-10:00 pm at the Refinery. Tickets will be on sale after school Wednesday-Friday and during 4th & 5th hour lunches on Thursday and Friday. Tickets are $5.00 and you must be cleared from social probation to attend. Date forms are available in the Junior-Senior Center.
- Are you interested in speaking on the gender panel? Freshman English teachers are interested in students who can speak on the topic of gender and how gender has impacted their identity. If this is something that you are interested in please email Ms. Hindes.
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District Child & Teen Dental Clinic will be at Centennial on March 26-28. Please complete the consent form that was emailed to parents and return to school by Monday, March 25. If you are unable to download the form that was emailed, your child can pick up one in the main office.
- Come support The Charger's baseball team this week by eating at El Toro on Springfield Avenue today! 20% of all purchases are donated back to the program.
- Parents and Guardians: The Centennial employee appreciation breakfast is set for Friday, March 15 — the second day of parent-teacher conferences. Please consider donating a dessert, sweet bread or other supplies, or volunteering at the breakfast. The PTSA says thank you! To find the electronic sign-up, please cut and paste the following address in a browser: tinyurl.com/chargerfoodsp19
- Congratulations to Scottlind Sims for qualifying for the Frosh/Soph State Wrestling Tournament to be held next week end in Springfield.
- "The Scholastic Bowl team congratulates Amy Paul, who has been named to the All-Sectional First Team by the State Coaches' Association. This is Amy's second consecutive year receiving this prestigious honor. Well done, Captain!"
- "Our Scholastic Bowl team won Monday's I.H.S.A. Regional here at Centennial, defeating Mahomet-Seymour in the final 470-350. Well done, Charger quizzers! We advance to Saturday's Sectional tournament at Joliet. Just 3 wins now separate Centennial Scholastic Bowl from a return to the State tournament."
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Wednesday, March 6th:
1st hour: Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
7th hour: University of Arizona
Thursday, March 7th 5th hour: Navy Friday, March 8th 3rd hour: Marines
ISAC is an Illinois agency that helps students with their College and Career needs. Our representative gave me a list of presentations she can do for your classes, so please take a look and let me know if you are interested in her coming out to your class!
Graduating seniors, consider applying for one of three $500 PTSA scholarships being awarded this year. Two will be awarded on a “need” basis and one will be merit based. Applicants must maintain a “B” average or better and be enrolling in an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university in the summer or fall. Applications can be found on Career Cruising or Naviance, and please turn the applications to the Junior/Senior Center by Monday, March 25th.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.