Wednesday, March 13
No School Thursday-Friday March 14-15 School Improvement Day/Parent Teacher Conference
No School Monday-Friday March 18-22 Spring Break
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- APEX Students: We will be having an optional make up session today in room 124. We strongly encourage you to attend in order to print materials you will need over break to maintain progress towards completing your coursework.
- Congratulations to Centennial's Science Olympiad team. The varsity team placed third at regionals and is advancing to state. The JV team placed fourth overall and first among the JV teams.
- Planning to clean out your closet over Spring Break? Donate old t-shirts and jeans to the Charger 4-H and we will make them into dog toys for the Humane Society. Drop them off in the green box outside the library. We'll be making the toys in April.
- Students, please check your school email or google classroom for important construction updates. Construction will be starting during Spring Break and will continue over the next few years.
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District Child & Teen Dental Clinic will be at Centennial on March 26-28. Please complete the consent form that was emailed to parents and return to school by Monday, March 25. If you are unable to download the form that was emailed, your child can pick up one in the main office.
- Congratulations to these top students in the entire State of Illinois for the All State Band and Orchestra: John Bae, Savannah Gamble, Hannah Kim, James Shin, Grace Song, Nathan Hollis, Jennifer Chen. The following students were selected as IHSA Solo And Ensemble Best of the Day for East-Central Illinois: Robbie Pulliam, Amy Paul, Nathan Hollis
It’s time for “Who Said That?” Yesterday’s quote was: “A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable within herself.”
The winner is Madelyn Childress. She had the correct answer which was A) Vera Wang.
Vera Ellen Wang was born and raised in New York City, and is of Chinese descent. Wang was hired to be an editor at Vogue immediately upon graduation from Sarah Lawrence College, making her the youngest editor at that magazine. She stayed at Vogue for 17 years, leaving in 1987 to join Ralph Lauren, for whom she worked for 2 years. At 40 she resigned and became an independent bridal wear designer. Wang has made wedding gowns for public figures such as Chelsea Clinton, Alicia Keys, and Khloe and Kim Kardashian. Wang's evening wear has been worn by stars at many red carpet events, including Viola Davis at the 2012 Academy Awards and Sofia Vergara at the 65th Emmy Awards. Wang's evening wear has also been worn by Michelle Obama. She was honored with the Council of Fashion Designers of America Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013. Here is your quote for Wednesday, March 13th. **Important: Submit your answer to the Library by the end of 6th hour today. At the end of 7th hour, we will notify the winner via their STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT. Good Luck!
Who said: “A woman is like a tea bag - you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” Is the correct answer…….A) Eleanor Roosevelt? B) Amelia Earhart? Or C) Margaret Thatcher?
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Wednesday, March 13th
1st hour: University of Illinois at Springfield
2nd hour: St. Ambrose University
4th hour: Mac Murray University
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.