March 13, 2018
Clubs and Activities
- If you are working with Ms. Delgado for Capital Forum, there is a mandatory meeting Wednesday, March 14th at 3:30 pm in room 112 to pick up reading assignments and permission slips
- Rattle the Stars is raising awareness about self-harm. Self-harms is not just a “white girl problem.” Self-harm is found in people from all races, genders and ages. Talk to a counselor or text the crisis line at 741-741
- Congratulations to the Charger Archery Team on their 1st place win at the Georgetown-Ridgefarm Buffalo Stampede on Saturday. Medalists include Leavell Allen- 5th place high school male, Maria Heller and Erin Eastham-tied for 6th place high school females, and Haylie Denzer- 2nd place high school female. The Charger Archery Team next competition will be at State in April.
- PE make-up will be taking place today after school. Students will need to be dressed in their PE clothes and ready to go on the track or student entrance stairwell (in the case of inclement weather) by 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location.
- Seniors: Have you been in 2 foreign languages? Or: Do you speak a heritage language at home and have taken class in another language? If so, you are eligible for Centennial’s “Trilingual Award”. Talk to Frau Malloy in Room 220 to see if you qualify for recognition from the University of Illinois’s “Center for Translation Studies” and presented at the Senior Award Night in May. Deadline is Wednesday, March 14th.
College and Career:
Tuesday, March 13th 2nd hour University of St. Francis
Wednesday, March 14th 1st hour Southern Illinois University Carbondale
3rd hour University of Missouri, St Louis
Graduating seniors, consider applying for one of three $500 PTSA scholarships being awarded this year. Two will be awarded on a “need” basis and one will be merit based. Applicants must maintain a “B” average or better and be enrolling in an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university in the summer or fall. Applications can be found on Naviance, and please turn the applications to Mrs. Johnson at the Junior
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.