Tuesday, February 5
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- Are you interested in auditioning for Centennial's spring musical, The Sound of Music? Join Ms. Green and Ms. Lofy on Tuesday Feb 5 at 4PM after school in the auditorium. Questions? Email Ms Green at email@example.com."
- "Learn to Cook! If you'd like to join our after school cooking classes on Tuesdays, please stop and see Ms. Creed in room 113 to get your name on the list. There are 10 spots available and first class is Tuesday, February 5th at 3:30pm"
- Seniors are you interested in being on Prom Committee? If so meet Mrs. Bonam in the College and Career Center for a short meeting Wednesday, February 6th at 8:45 a.m.
- The Knitting Club will meet Thursday, February 7th after school in room 122. All experience levels are welcome. Know nothing? We can teach you how to knit? Have some experience? Come and learn new techniques, help the newbies or just hang out and work on your own knitting projects. Questions? See Mrs. Sudlow in room 122.
- Representatives from the U of I will be in the library at 3:30 on Thursday, February 7th to present information and answer questions about their Summer Engineering Camps and their paid summer research programs. Camp details are also posted on the bulletin board in the science hallway. Questions? Talk to Ms. McLean or Ms. Aikman.
- Come support The Charger's baseball team this week by eating at El Toro on Springfield Avenue on Wednesday, February 6th 20% of all purchases are donated back to the program.
- Parents and Guardians: The all-Centennial booster group known as the Parent-Teacher-Student Association needs three people to lead it next year. The PTSA's main purpose at Centennial is to support academics. It raises money through PE clothing sales and memberships for two of its missions -- to give college scholarships to seniors and grants to teachers for classrooms or activities. This year's grants will buy tools for the physics “maker space,” sewing machines to make drama department costumes, books from the Champaign County Historical Museum related to black history, school visits from a screen print artist and a stage lighting designer, and the partial cost of a bus to drive AVID students to a college visit to St. Louis. The PTSA also handles two employee appreciation breakfasts a year. The PTSA must disband this summer if no parents step up for officer elections in April. No one has offered to run the booster group so far. For information or to offer to become a PTSA leader, please email current president Melanie Mader Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can leave your name and contact information with Centennial’s office, and it will be passed along.
- To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.