February 28, 2018
Clubs and Activities
- Chado, the Way of Tea, comes back to the library Today, at 3:30 pm. Representatives from Japan House at the University will be here to demonstrate the traditional Japanese art. This is free and open to all. Get your matcha* on today! (* pronounced maa-chaa)
- GSA will have meeting this Thursday, March 1st, at 7:30 am in room 104! Hope to see you all there!
- AP Exam registration will be open February 20th – March 2nd. The deadline to register for AP Exams is Friday, March 2nd at 4:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for registrations forms turned in after March 2nd. Please return the registration form with full payment to Ms. Hart in the JR/SR Center. If you have questions about ordering AP Exams, please see Mrs. Lee in the Senior/Junior Center.
- The search for Centennial’s next Principal in underway. As part of this process, members of the District’s Executive Team will be hosting a Family, Student, & Community Forum in the College & Career Lecture Hall (Room 119) on Tuesday, March 13 at 6:00 p.m. to get input on what you’re looking for in a new leader. Parents/Guardians who attend the Family & Community Forum will also have the opportunity to express interest in being part of the interview teams. If you cannot attend the Forum but are interested in serving on an interview team or have questions about the hiring process, please contact the Unit 4 Human Resources Office at (217) 351-3822.
- Vice Versa is this Saturday at The City View on the top floor of the train station! Tickets are $5.00 and will be on sale this week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after school. They will be also be sold during 4th and 5th hour lunches on Wednesday and Thursday. Students must be cleared from social probation in order to purchase tickets. Anyone wishing to bring a student from another school must also have a signed date form in order to purchase ticket. Please see Ms. Bednar if you have any questions.
College and Career:
If you are going to take a Math Placement test for Dual Credit classes for next year, you must complete the Practice test sent to your school gmail prior to testing. If you do not, you will not be able to take the math placement test. Please contact Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center for any questions.
To all sophomores and juniors: Need a job this summer and interested in learning construction related skills? The Summer Construction Education Program, which will run from June 4th –June 29th, in Champaign is a great way to learn valuable skills while helping construct a Habitat for Humanity home, as well visiting local trade unions. Upon completion of the program, you will earn a $500 stipend, an OSHA safety certificate, and 1 high school credit. For more information, please see Mr. Chun in the CCC.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.