Wednesday, February 27
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- Are you 16 or older? Help save a life by donating blood. The blood drive will be Thursday, February 28 in the library. See Mrs. Sudlow in room 122 to sign up.
- Korean Club will not meet today. We will meet again next Wednesday in the Library from 3:30-4:30. Everyone is welcome to join the club!!
- Mark your calendars! This year's Vice Versa dance will be held on Saturday, March 9th at the Refinery from 7:00-10:00 pm. Tickets will be on sale for $5.00 on March 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- Parents and Guardians: The Centennial employee appreciation breakfast is set for Friday, March 15 — the second day of parent-teacher conferences. Please consider donating a dessert, sweet bread or other supplies, or volunteering at the breakfast. The PTSA says thank you! To find the electronic sign-up, please cut and paste the following address in a browser: tinyurl.com/chargerfoodsp19
- Softball tryouts will be today, in the gym from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Please have your physical and online registration completed prior to Monday.
- Congratulation Centennial's Math team on a stellar 2nd Place overall finish at Saturday's ICTM Regional Math Contest. This is our biggest competition of the year, and though we don't yet know officially, we anticipate many of our students advancing to the state competition in May. Centennial finished with 520 points overall behind Uni (739 points) and ahead of Glenwood (307), Urbana (263), and Central (256).
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Thursday, February 28th: 2nd hour-Lincoln College 3rd hour- Army
Reminder for all student interested in signing up for an AP Exam. The deadline to register for an AP Exam is this Friday, March 1st. You must have your registration form into Ms. Hart in the Jr/Sr Center by 4:00 pm.
ISAC is an Illinois agency that helps students with their College and Career needs. Our representative gave me a list of presentations she can do for your classes, so please take a look and let me know if you are interested in her coming out to your class!
The Summer Construction program application is now open. Students can participate in the construction and remodeling of a Habitat for Humanity home, visit trade unions, and explore post-secondary opportunities, including how to apply for an apprenticeship. Oh, students will also receive an OSHA-10 safety certification, high school credit, and a $500 stipend!
The program will run from Jun 3rd to June 28th and applications can be found in the Junior/ Senior Center. Talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
To view Athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.