Monday, February 25
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- Charger 4-H is meeting Tuesday, February 26th, after school. We have exciting news about the School Garden to share. We will meet again next week, March 5th.
- PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, February 26th both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or student entrance stairwell (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school ,students should come through the student entrance
- Mark your calendars! This year's Vice Versa dance will be held on Saturday, March 9th at the Refinery from 7:00-10:00 pm. Tickets will be on sale for $5.00 on March 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- "There will be a meeting in room 119 Tuesday, February 26th, for anyone interested in playing football next year. You will meet the new head coach, and discuss plans for the future. If you are participating in other sports, you can come sign in, and then go to practice."
- Tea Ceremony returns to the library on Tuesday, February 26th, after school at 3:30pm. Mrs. Gunji, Marc, and Diana will be here to share one of Japan's oldest traditional arts. This is free and open to everyone.
- Girls Soccer Tryouts will be held on the Centennial Turf field from 4:00-6:00pm today, and Tuesday, February 26th. Please make sure you have registered on 8-18 and have a valid physical on file with the athletic office.
- Softball tryouts will be today, Tuesday February 26th, and Wednesday February 27th in the gym from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Please have your physical and online registration completed prior to Monday.
- Anyone interested in trying out for the baseball team...Mandatory tryouts are today from 8:00-10:00 pm at The Cage.
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, February 26th: 3rd hour- Marines
Thursday, February 28th: 2nd hour-Lincoln College 3rd hour- Army
Registration for AP Exams in May is available till Friday,March 1st. To register please see Ms. Hart in the Jr/Sr Center.
The Summer Construction program application is now open. Students can participate in the construction and remodeling of a Habitat for Humanity home, visit trade unions, and explore post-secondary opportunities, including how to apply for an apprenticeship. Oh, students will also receive an OSHA-10 safety certification, high school credit, and a $500 stipend!
The program will run from Jun 3rd to June 28th and applications can be found in the Junior/ Senior Center. Talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
The Early Transfer Academy (ETA) Information Session has been rescheduled to Monday, February 25th, 2019 – 6:30 PM at Parkland College Student Union – Room U140. Please go to parkland.edu/eta to RSVP.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.