Thursday, February 21
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- Rattle the Stars is having a meeting today at 3:30 pm in room 234. We will meet with GSA to discuss and organize a collaborative event for the spring. Please join us; all are welcome!
- Congratulations to Damien McMullen for winning Sectionals in Diving this past weeked. Cole Grimes also broke the school record for 100 backstroke and swam a state qualifying time. Both Damien and Cole will be participating in the State Meet this Friday- Good Luck!!. Congratulations to the Men's Swim and Dive Team for a 3rd place finish at Sectionals. Others who placed at sectionals: Cole Grimes 50 free, Cade McAndrew for 100 Fly, Henry Moore for 200 and 500 Free and Holden Siena for 200 IM and 500 Free and all three relays had a top 3 finish.
- Girls Soccer Tryouts will be held on the Centennial Turf field from 4:00-6:00pm on Monday, February 25 and Tuesday, February 26. Please make sure you have registered on 8-18 and have a valid physical on file with the athletic office.
- Softball tryouts will be Monday February 25, Tuesday February 26, and Wednesday February 27 in the gym from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Please have your physical and online registration completed prior to Monday.
- Anyone interested in trying out for the baseball team...Mandatory tryouts are Monday February 25 from 8-10 pm at The Cage.
- PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, February 26th both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or student entrance stairwell (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school ,students should come through the student entrance
- Congratulations to our Centennial wrestlers who competed in the state tournament this past weekend. Cajaun Johnson finished in the top 8 while Cam Nesbitt finished 5th and Dontaice Roberson finished 3rd.
- The most anticipated High School Talent Show in Champaign surrounding areas is finally HERE! The Black Culture Club Talent show is THIS Saturday, February 23rd at 7:00 pm. The doors open at 6:30 pm and we the show starts at 7:00pm. This show sells out early so come early and secure your seat! Tickets are $5.00 and available only at the door.
- Girls! Are you looking to buy a prom dress that won’t cost you a fortune?
Come on out to “Say Yes to the (Prom) Dress!” and browse through
gently-used prom dresses, all being sold at a fraction of their original
prices. And, if you have a prom dress you’d like to donate or consign, bring that
too! We are accepting dresses that are no more than 5 years old, with no
tears, holes or stains. See below for details:
WHERE: Emmanuel Memorial Episcopal Church
208 W. University Ave. in downtown Champaign (parking available next to the
WHEN: Dress drop-off:
Fri., Feb. 22, 2-5 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 23, 9 a.m. - noon
Dress Sale: Sat., Feb. 23, 1-4 p.m. CASH ONLY
Proceeds to benefit Courage Connection
Questions? Email SYTTPD@gmail.com
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, February 26th: 3rd hour- Marines
Thursday, February 28th: 2nd hour-Lincoln College 3rd hour- Army
Registration for AP Exams in May is available till March 1st. To register please see Ms. Hart in the Jr/Sr Center.
The Summer Construction program application is now open. Students can participate in the construction and remodeling of a Habitat for Humanity home, visit trade unions, and explore post-secondary opportunities, including how to apply for an apprenticeship. Oh, students will also receive an OSHA-10 safety certification, high school credit, and a $500 stipend!
The program will run from Jun 3rd to June 28th and applications can be found in the Junior/ Senior Center. Talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
The Early Transfer Academy (ETA) Information Session has been rescheduled to Monday, February 25th, 2019 – 6:30 PM at Parkland College Student Union – Room U140. Please go to parkland.edu/eta to RSVP.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.