Wednesday, February 20
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- The most anticipated High School Talent Show in Champaign surrounding areas is finally HERE! The Black Culture Club Talent show is THIS Saturday, February 23rd at 7:00 pm. The doors open at 6:30 pm and we the show starts at 7:00pm. This show sells out early so come early and secure your seat! Tickets are $5.00 and available only at the door.
- Congratulations to our Centennial wrestlers who competed in the state tournament this past weekend. Cajaun Johnson finished in the top 8 while Cam Nesbitt finished 5th and Dontaice Roberson finished 3rd.
- Girls Soccer Tryouts will be held on the Centennial Turf field from 4:00-6:00pm on Monday, February 25 and Tuesday, February 26. Please make sure you have registered on 8-18 and have a valid physical on file with the athletic office.
- Softball tryouts will be Monday February 25, Tuesday February 26, and Wednesday February 27 in the gym from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Please have your physical and online registration completed prior to Monday.
- All girls that participated in basketball this season please go to the cafeteria today for a short meeting. It is important that everyone to attend this meeting.
- Rattle the Stars is having a meeting on Thursday, February 21st at 3:30 pm in room 234. We will meet with GSA to discuss and organize a collaborative event for the spring. Please join us; all are welcome!
- A friendly reminder that you need to have taken care of any library obligations (lost books, fines, etc...) in order to go to prom or walk across the stage at graduation. The library is open 7:45am-4:00pm and we accept check or cash--no credit cards or Paypal.
- SAY YES TO THE (PROM) DRESS!
Girls! Are you looking to buy a prom dress that won’t cost you a fortune?
Come on out to “Say Yes to the (Prom) Dress!” and browse through
gently-used prom dresses, all being sold at a fraction of their original
prices. And, if you have a prom dress you’d like to donate or consign, bring that
too! We are accepting dresses that are no more than 5 years old, with no
tears, holes or stains. See below for details:
WHERE: Emmanuel Memorial Episcopal Church
208 W. University Ave. in downtown Champaign (parking available next to the
WHEN: Dress drop-off:
Fri., Feb. 22, 2-5 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 23, 9 a.m. - noon
Dress Sale: Sat., Feb. 23, 1-4 p.m. CASH ONLY
Proceeds to benefit Courage Connection
Questions? Email SYTTPD@gmail.com
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, February 26th: 3rd hour- Marines
Thursday, February 28th: 2nd hour-Lincoln College 3rd hour- Army
Registration for AP Exams in May is available till March 1st. To register please see Ms. Hart in the Jr/Sr Center.
The Early Transfer Academy (ETA) Information Session has been rescheduled to Monday, February 25th, 2019 – 6:30 PM at Parkland College Student Union – Room U140. Please go to parkland.edu/eta to RSVP.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.