Tuesday, February 11
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Computing is where the jobs are, but fewer than 1 in 5 computer science graduates are women. Join the movement to close the gender gap by joining Girls Who Code - today after school in room 123!
- Texas Roadhouse Dine-to-Donate Centennial Bands Fundraiser Thursday, February 13th, 4:00-10:00 pm 10% of the food purchases goes to the Centennial Bands! Flier not needed; just tell your server you’re there to support Centennial Bands.
- On Friday, February 14, 2020, 10th and 12th grade students will be taking the Illinois Youth Survey. The purpose of the survey is to better understand Illinois youth risk and protective behavior. For more information about the survey, you can go to https://iys.cprd.illinois.edu/faqs/parent. Additional information about the survey was mailed home to 10th and 12th grade families. An opt out form was included, so if you do not want your student to participate, these forms should be returned to Mrs. McPike in the Main Office by today. Thank you.
- Do you like poems? Do you want to make a difference? Come to room 226 and talk to Ms. Hindes about the Black Writers Read-in. The Black Writers Read-in is an event Minority Authors puts on during the month of February to celebrate Black culture.
- French Club presents: Valentine's Cafe! Sip hot chocolate, listen to crooning French love songs and make French valentines. Our cafe is open from 3:30 to 4:30 in room 221. Sign up with Madame.
- Nominate a person that demonstrates no fear in standing up to oppressors or talking about tough subjects for the Audre Lorde Award. Past winners have shown the traits of a helper, or leader. Audre Lorde was an American author who fought for social justice. At our school, we have a lot of teachers and staff members that show traits of what she fought for and how they make a difference in school. If you're interested in nominating a teacher or staff member get a form from the English office or on Google Classroom. Nominations are due today.
College and Career Event:
The College and Career Center will have a College/Career readiness Lab open during 6th hour on Tuesdays. Please stop by if you want to work on anything college/career related!
The Principal’s Scholars Program (PSP) is committed to assisting students and families with academic support, college transition preparation, and much more this year. The Program will focus on:
- Math/Science Critical Thinking Strategies (9th grade)
- SAT Test Strategies (10th & 11th grade)
- College Transition (12th grade).
We want to make the spring program available to new students with B or above average who you feel may benefit from attending PSP. The registration deadline for new recruits is Wednesday, February 12, 2020. Please contact Mr. Chun or Ms. O'Connor for applications!
Parkland's Early College program helps students gain general education credits at Parkland College, while they are a student at Centennial! If you are interested in this program, there is an informational session at Parkland College Student Union next Thursday, February 13th, from 4-7pm. More information can be found on the flyer attached below!
Students who are planning on taking a dual credit class next year MUST turn in their signed dual credit paperwork by Friday, February 14th. Any student who does not turn in this form will not be registered for that class for the following school year. Forms were handed to you by counselors during registration, but they will also be mailed home. Please talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions, or need another form.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.