Tuesday, December 10
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- PE make-ups will be taking place today both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or north gym deck (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school, students should come through the main entrance
- “It’s the holiday season and many children don’t receive gifts around this time. Make their season special and decorate your class’s tree by donating a new, unwrapped present to the counseling office. You will brighten up their lives and our hallways with your generosity.”
- Get ready for finals with tea ceremony!! Wednesday, December 11th, at 3:30pm in the library with Ms. Gunji and others from Japan House at the University of Illinois. Enjoy a sweet, a bit of green tea matcha and some centering and peace as we reach the end of a long semester.
- Want to show off your talents? Then come to the Spectrum talent show informational meeting at 3:30 on Wednesday, December 11th in room 203. We need singers, dancers, comedians, martial artists, etc. If you have a skill or talent, we want to see it! Any questions? Get in contact with Ms. Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In honor of Computer Science Education Week, Centennial’s Girls Who Code club would like to highlight remarkable women in CS. Miral Kotb founded iLuminate in 2009 because of her love for dance and coding. iLuminate is a dance group that uses wireless lighting programs to create colorful performances. They have appeared on America’s Got Talent and The X-Factor. Want more info? Join Girls Who Code!
- If you received a letter of notification about the Academic Letter Award Program and was unable to attend. Please stop by the main office before or after school by Friday, December 20th to pick up your award.
Student and Staff of the Month:
Congratulations to the following student and staff for their commitment to our Mission Statement. Please give our amazing students and staff a Huge Charger Salute!
The November staff of the month:
The November student of the month:
Mateo Thomas – 9th Grade Gabby McKinney – 10th Grade
Shelbie Mickels – 11th Grade Nathan Miller – 12th Grade
College and Career Center:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial High School:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Thursday, December 12
3rd hour Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology 7th hour Marines ROTC
The Housing Authority of Champaign County had three scholarships from $5000-$7000 for seniors with a B average, and residing in the housing program. The application is on Naviance and it is due January 31, 2020. Please talk to Mr. Chun if you have any questions.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.