Wednesday, November 14
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- There will be an Informational Parent Meeting tonight at 5:30 pm in the Centennial Cafeteria for anyone interested in Boys Swimming and Diving.
- TEA CEREMONY IS BACK!!!! Today, Sensei (pronounced Sen-say) Gunji, Mark, Diana and other tea ceremony students from the U of I Japan House will be in the library to share the ancient Japanese art of tea ceremony. This is open to everyone at Centennial and will start at 3:30 pm. Get your matcha on in the library.
- Congratulations to our Girls' Swimming and Diving Team for winning Sectionals for the 4th year in a row! The following students will be participating at State this coming weekend: Hannah Hong for having a state qualifying score in Diving Megan Bernacchi for winning the 200 I.M., Lauren Fedderson for winning the 500 free, Elizabeth Gile for winning the 200 Free and having a state qualifying time in the 100 Butterfly, and the 200 IM Relay of Megan Bernacchi, Lauren Fedderson, Elizabeth Gile and Pranali Vani for winning at Sectionals. Good luck Chargers, at State and congrats to the entire team again for winning Sectionals!!
- Do you enjoy a specific subject? Want to show everyone how good you are at Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English, Computer Science or Engineering Graphics? Come join Academic Challenge. Informational meetings will be Thursday, November 15th at 7:30am in room 114 or during 6th hour lunch in room 119."
- Informational player and parent meeting for Centennial Baseball, Thursday, November 15th at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria. Anyone who is interested in participating should attend.
- The Charger 4-H is sponsoring a food drive to help the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen feed the hungry of our community. There is a donation box in front of the library. Please consider a donation as we approach the holidays."
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Wednesday, November 14th:
1st hour: North Central College
2nd hour: University of Alabama
4th hour: Vincennes University
5th hour: Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
Colleges and Careers Talk Canceled: The November 19 presentation by Marc Changnon, former District 4 coordinator of career programs, will not take place because of a scheduling conflict. Mr. Changnon is a longtime coach and now is volunteering with Centennial boys basketball teams, which will play Central on that date. The PTSA, which organized the talk, will not be meeting.
"Youth Employment Services is back! Interested in a summer job and learning workforce skills? Look for applications soon, but in the meantime, the new supervisor, Jeanine Russell, will be holding office hours in the Career Center Thursday morning from 8:00-10:45. Stop by with any questions or to just say hello."
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar"" link on Centennial's homepage.