Monday, November 12
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, November 13th both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or student entrance stairwell (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school ,students should come through the student entrance
- Are you interested in sharing your experiences with race and identity? Do you want to be on the race panel? Please see Ms. Aikman after school on Tuesday, November 13. If you cannot make the meeting but are interested in being on the panel please email Ms. Aikman by Tuesday.
- There will be an Informational Parent Meeting on Wednesday, November 14th at 5:30 pm in the Centennial Cafeteria for anyone interested in Boys Swimming and Diving.
- Students -- What are you thankful for? It's the time of year to reflect and be thankful for the many things in our lives. Come to the Library and share your thankfulness with others by filling out the question sheet and giving it to the Library staff. See you soon!
- TEA CEREMONY IS BACK!!!! Wednesday, Nov. 14, Sensei (pronounced Sen-say) Gunji, Mark, Diana and other tea ceremony students from the U of I Japan House will be in the library to share the ancient Japanese art of tea ceremony. This is open to everyone at Centennial and will start at 3:30 pm. Get your matcha on in the library.
- "The Charger 4-H is sponsoring a food drive to help the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen feed the hungry of our community. There is a donation box in front of the library. Please consider a donation as we approach the holidays."
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Wednesday, November 14th:
1st hour: North Central College
2nd hour: University of Alabama
4th hour: Vincennes University
5th hour: Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
Colleges and Careers Talk Canceled: The November 19 presentation by Marc Changnon, former District 4 coordinator of career programs, will not take place because of a scheduling conflict. Mr. Changnon is a longtime coach and now is volunteering with Centennial boys basketball teams, which will play Central on that date. The PTSA, which organized the talk, will not be meeting.
If you are a student who has received foster care services, you are eligible to apply for the First Star program at Illinois State University! There will be year round mentoring, summer institutes you can attend, and you will receive a free laptop. If you are a senior and would like to know more, please see Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center!
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.