Wednesday, October 9
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- AP Exam registration will be open Thursday, October 10- Friday, October 18. To order exams, please complete the registration form and return it with full payment to Ms. Potter in the Counseling Center between Thursday, October 10 and Friday, October 18, before or after school only. The LAST day to order AP Exams is Friday, October 18. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for registration forms turned in after Friday, October 18. If you have questions about ordering AP Exams, please see Mrs. Lee in the Counseling Center.
- Want to save a life? If you are 16 or older, you can donate blood and save a life. The blood drive is Tuesday, October 15 in the library. See Mrs. Sudlow in room 122 to sign up or get more information. Help save a life!
- It is National 4-H Week. This year’s mission is: Inspired to Lead - Called to Serve.
4-H empowers young people to dream about better tomorrows and the tools to reach it.
Fun Fact: Soybeans are an important ingredient for the production of crayons. In fact, one acre of soybeans can produce 82,368 crayons. The next Charger 4-H meeting is Thursday, October 17th at 3:30 pm.
- Charger Choirs are having a concert on Thursday, October 10 at 7:00 pm in Aldridge Auditorium. Tickets are $1.00 for students and children, $2.00 for adults. Highlights on the concert include Rise Up, Neverending Story, and Lovely.
College and Career Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial High School:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial this week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Wednesday, October 9th:
3rd hour: McKendree University
4th hour: Rockford University
Thursday, October 10th:
3rd hour: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, School of Applied Health Sciences
5th hour: North Central College
Friday, October 11th:
4th hour: Delta State University
FAFSA Completion Night will be Tonight, 5:30-7:30 pm in the Library. We will complete the FAFSA with you, so please bring:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned.
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
There will be an additional FAFSA Completion Night, Wednesday, October 16th, 5:30-7:30 pm at the Library. If you could not make it before, please consider coming out to get additional help with the FAFSA!
Congrats to Marin McAndrew for being named our Student-Athlete of the Week. See the link below for our newsletter showing Marin.
Let's also take the opportunity to get to know a little more about our tennis coach, Teri Scaggs.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.