Tuesday, October 30
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- "Struggling in your Social Studies classes? Need help reviewing for your test? Attend one of Rho Kappa’s tutoring and study sessions after school today in room 213 from 3:30 to 4:30 pm. Students who have excelled in required and elective Social Studies classes will be available to help. Again, that's every Tuesday after school in room 213. See you there!"
- Want to be part a 6 million member national organization committed to leadership development, community service, and personal interest exploration? 4-H is the largest youth development group in the nation! Come to our informational meeting TODAY after school in room 119 to learn more.
- Are you interested in voting? On October 31st and November 1st; staff, students and parents are invited to walk to Leonhard Rec Center as a group during 6th hour to early vote or learn about voting, then return to the building for pizza and a celebration afterwards. Join our remind by texting @7899ff to 81010 and RSVP on our form through the google classroom of your year or joining SJAC’s REALTALKS in google classroom with join code poci6p. Talk to Ms. Aikman if you have any questions!
- Boys' basketball tryouts will begin on Monday, November 5th.Sophomores will be 3:30-5:00 pm, freshmen 4:00-6:00 pm and varsity 5:00-7:00 pm. All athletes must have an updated physical form on file in the Athletic Director's office to try out.
- Need help with a writing assignment? Need a quiet place to work? Come to the Writing Center! There are plenty of tutors available to help in English, history, science, creative writing, and anything else you can think of at any stage of the writing process! We also help with college applications and ACT/SAT practice. There is also plenty of workspace (and sometimes even snacks). We are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm in room 228!
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, October 30th:
-Samford University – 1st hour
-Southern Illinois University Edwardsville -- 4th hour
-Parkland College -- 5th hour
Wednesday, October 31st:
-School of the Art Institute -- 7th hour
Thursday, November 1st:
-Saint Mart's University of Minnesota -- 1st hour
-University of Illinois, Applied Health major – 7th hour
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.