Thursday, October 3
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Charger apparel will be on sale before and after school on today and Friday in the main lobby. Supplies are limited, so shop early! T-shirts for $10, hats $15, and sweatshirts $20-25. Cash and Checks only
- If you are attending football games this year, please remember that backpacks are not allowed inside the stadium. You will need to leave them at home or in your vehicle.
- AP Exam registration will be open October 10-October 18. To order exams, please complete the registration form and return it with full payment to Ms. Potter in the Counseling Center between October 10 and October 18, before or after school only. The LAST day to order AP Exams is Friday, October 18. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for registration forms turned in after October 18. If you have questions about ordering AP Exams, please see Mrs. Lee in the Counseling Center.
- Come to the Cafeteria Friday, October 4th from 5:00-7:00 pm for the Chili Supper before the homecoming football game! Tickets are $5.00 and are being sold by all Interact members and at the door. All proceeds support Interact’s community and charity events!
- Homecoming is here! The Homecoming dance is this Saturday from 7:30-10:30 pm. The doors will be closed at 8:30 pm. Tickets are $5.00 and on sale before and after school and during 4th lunch only. If you are on the Social Probation List, you will need to clear and receive a red clearance ticket from the main office before or after school in order to purchase a ticket.
- Homecoming is This Week! Spirit Week Dress up days are as follows:
Thursday: Mardi Gras Day (mardi colors are green, gold and purple)
Friday: Blue and White Day
Friday: Pep Rally During 7th and 8th
Football Game at 7:00 pm
Students and Staff of the Month
Students and staff are asked to nominate a Staff or Student who they believe embodies the Centennial Mission Statement.
The staff of the month will have the honor of parking in Mr. Neitzel's parking space for the month of October.
Congratulations to the following students and staff for their commitment to our Mission Statement
Staff of the Month is - Carrie McMenamin
Students of the Month
9th Emily Rush
10th- Jaden Campbell
11th - Byriana Vaughn
12th - Kharyriyah Jean Mitchell
College and Career Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial High School:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Thursday, October 3rd:
-4th hour: Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
-5th hour: Butler University
Friday, October 4th:
-5th hour: Belmont University
Monday, October 7th:
2nd hour: ISAC
3rd hour: University of Missouri (Mizzou)
4th hour: Purdue University-Calumet Campus
5th hour: Vanderbilt University
Tuesday, October 8th:
2nd hour: Parkland College
4th hour: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
7th hour: Michigan Tech
Wednesday, October 9th:
3rd hour: McKendree University
4th hour: Rockford University
Thursday, October 10th:
3rd hour: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, School of Applied Health Sciences
5th hour: North Central College
Friday, October 11th:
4th hour: Delta State University
FAFSA Completion Night will be Wednesday, October 9th, 5:30-7:30 pm in the Library. We will complete the FAFSA with you, so please bring:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned.
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
There will be an additional FAFSA Completion Night, Wednesday, October 16th, 5:30-7:30 pm at the Library. If you could not make it before, please consider coming out to get additional help with the FAFSA!
Please congratulate Henry Thomas if you see him for being named our Student-Athlete of the Week.
Also, get to know our Cross Country Coach, Jeremy Owen, in the newsletter via the link below.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.