Wednesday, October 24
No School Thursday-Friday October 25-26
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- If you are interested in trying out for the competitive cheerleading team, there will be a tryout on Thursday Oct. 25th at 6:00 p.m. at Robeson Elementary School. Please arrive by 5:45 p.m. to fill out needed paperwork.
- Centennial Interact Club is hosting a Horror Hospital themed haunted house on Friday, October 26th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Admission to the event is $5.00 or 2 cans of food. Proceeds will go to Salt and Light Ministries and the Eastern Illinois Food Bank. So come down to Centennial on the 26th for a scary and fun night!"
- Parent and Guardians: Please help the PTSA provide a nice breakfast on Friday, October 26th , to show appreciation to Centennial's staff during parent-teacher conferences. Homemade desserts and on-site help are especially needed. Please cut and paste the following address into a browser to get the electronic sign-up page: http://signup.com/login/entry/736995926349302088 Times and other information are given there. Special note: Centennial cannot store food overnight; it should be delivered between 7 and 7:15 a.m. on the 26th. Questions or help with sign-up: Please contact PTSA leader Nuria Arwari at email@example.com
- Centennial Archery will have an informational meeting for all new archers and experienced archers who are new to Centennial’s team on Monday, October 29th at 3:30 pm in Room 119.Tryouts begin on Monday, October 29th at 5:30 pm at Kenwood Elementary Gymnasium. No equipment necessary to be on the team.
- Senior portrait will be October 29-31. Please sign up for your senior portrait session before October 26th but please know that the slots are first-come, first served. Try to sign up during a free period, your lunch, PE, or make sure that you communicate with your teacher about your slot. Please use https://www.vipis.com/senior/start/lookup to do so .Remember-if you do not take a photo with VIP, you cannot be in the yearbook.
College and Career Center Events:The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Wednesday October 24: 2nd hour: Lincoln University 4th: Morgan State University
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.