Tuesday, October 23
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Do you think you can you dance? Come tryout for the Centennial Competitive Dance team tonight from 3:30-5 pm on the North Upper deck. For questions please email Coach Jones at email@example.com
- If you are interested in trying out for the competitive cheerleading team, there will be a tryout on Thursday Oct. 25th at 6:00 p.m. at Robeson Elementary School. Please arrive by 5:45 p.m. to fill out needed paperwork.
- Centennial Interact Club is hosting a Horror Hospital themed haunted house on Friday, October 26th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Admission to the event is $5.00 or 2 cans of food. Proceeds will go to Salt and Light Ministries and the Eastern Illinois Food Bank. So come down to Centennial on the 26th for a scary and fun night!"
- The Charger 4-H is sponsoring a food drive to help the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen feed the hungry of our community. There is a donation box in front of the library. Please consider a donation as we approach the holidays."
- Parent and Guardians: Please help the PTSA provide a nice breakfast on Friday, October 26th , to show appreciation to Centennial's staff during parent-teacher conferences. Homemade desserts and on-site help are especially needed. Please cut and paste the following address into a browser to get the electronic sign-up page: http://signup.com/login/entry/736995926349302088 Times and other information are given there. Special note: Centennial cannot store food overnight; it should be delivered between 7 and 7:15 a.m. on the 26th. Questions or help with sign-up: Please contact PTSA leader Nuria Arwari at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need help with a writing assignment? Need a quiet place to work? Come to the Writing Center! There are plenty of tutors available to help in English, history, science, creative writing, and anything else you can think of at any stage of the writing process! We also help with college applications and ACT/SAT practice. There is also plenty of workspace (and sometimes even snacks). We are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm in room 228!
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, October 23: 3rd: Drake University
Wednesday October 24: 2nd hour: Lincoln University 4th: Morgan State University
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.