Monday, October 22
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Rattle the Stars is having a meeting today at 3:30 in room 230. We will discuss and organize our fall semester events. Please join us; all are welcome!
- Do you think you can you dance? Come tryout for the Centennial Competitive Dance team tonight and Tuesday October 23rd from 3:30-5 pm on the North Upper deck. For questions please email Coach Jones at email@example.com
- Do you have questions about colleges and careers? Come and hear speaker Aaron Chun, Centennial's colleges and careers counselor, tonight. Mr. Chun will be the featured speaker at the Parent-Teacher-Student Association meeting, which will start at 5:30 p.m. Check signs in the building for room location. Please send your questions or topics of interest to Mr. Chun now to help him prepare. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org. The business part of the PTSA meeting will take place after both the principal and Mr. Chun talk; you are not required to stay for that. Questions: Please contact PTSA leader Melanie Mader Paul at email@example.com
- The Charger 4-H is sponsoring a food drive to help the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen feed the hungry of our community. There is a donation box in front of the library. Please consider a donation as we approach the holidays."
- Parent and Guardians: Please help the PTSA provide a nice breakfast on Friday, October 26th , to show appreciation to Centennial's staff during parent-teacher conferences. Homemade desserts and on-site help are especially needed. Please cut and paste the following address into a browser to get the electronic sign-up page: http://signup.com/login/entry/736995926349302088 Times and other information are given there. Special note: Centennial cannot store food overnight; it should be delivered between 7 and 7:15 a.m. on the 26th. Questions or help with sign-up: Please contact PTSA leader Nuria Arwari at firstname.lastname@example.org
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Monday, October 22:
2nd: Southern Illinois University Carbondale
5th hour (12:00 pm) University of Notre Dame
Tuesday, October 23:
3rd: Drake University
Wednesday October 24:
2nd hour: Lincoln University
4th: Morgan State University
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.