Thursday, October 18
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- The Black Culture Club will be meeting in Room 127 on Thursday October 18th . The Meeting will begin at 3:30 pm.
- Orchestra Concert will be tonight at 7:00 pm in Auditorium.
- Join us on Thursday, October 18th during 6th hour in room 119. For SJAC's first REALTALK of the year. We will be discussing VOTING and the upcoming midterm elections. There will be a bipartisan breakdown of the many different positions on the ballot from the local to state level. On October 31 and November 1st, staff and students are invited to walk together to Leonhard Rec Center and early vote, then return to the building for pizza and a celebration afterward. Talk to Ms. Aikman if you have questions!
- Rattle the Stars is having a meeting on Monday, October 22 at 3:30 in room 230. We will discuss and organize our fall semester events. Please join us; all are welcome!
- Do you think you can you dance? Come tryout for the Centennial Competitive Dance team on Monday October 22nd and Tuesday October 23rd from 3:30-5 pm on the North Upper deck. For questions please email Coach Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have questions about colleges and careers? Come and hear speaker Aaron Chun, Centennial's colleges and careers counselor, on Monday, October 22. Mr. Chun will be the featured speaker at the Parent-Teacher-Student Association meeting, which will start at 5:30 p.m. Check signs in the building for room location. Please send your questions or topics of interest to Mr. Chun now to help him prepare. His email is email@example.com. The business part of the PTSA meeting will take place after both the principal and Mr. Chun talk; you are not required to stay for that. Questions: Please contact PTSA leader Melanie Mader Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent and Guardians: Please help the PTSA provide a nice breakfast on Friday, October 26, to show appreciation to Centennial's staff during parent-teacher conferences. Homemade desserts and on-site help are especially needed. Please cut and paste the following address into a browser to get the electronic sign-up page: http://signup.com/login/entry/736995926349302088 Times and other information are given there. Special note: Centennial cannot store food overnight; it should be delivered between 7 and 7:15 a.m. on the 26th. Questions or help with sign-up: Please contact PTSA leader Nuria Arwari at email@example.com
- Need help with a writing assignment? Need a quiet place to work? Come to the Writing Center! There are plenty of tutors available to help in English, history, science, creative writing, and anything else you can think of at any stage of the writing process! We also help with college applications and ACT/SAT practice. There is also plenty of workspace (and sometimes even snacks). We are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm in room 228!
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Thursday, October 18th
2nd hour- Millikin University
3rd hour- Illinois College
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.