Monday, October 15
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, October 16th both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or student entrance stairwell (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school ,students should come through the student entrance
- Picture Make-up day will be Wednesday, October 17th during PE classes.
- Senior portrait will be October 29-31. Please sign up for your senior portrait session before October 26th please know that the slots are first-come, first served. Try to sign up during a free period, your lunch, PE make sure that you communicate with your teacher about your slot. Please use https://www.vipis.com/senior/start/lookup to do so. Remember-if you do not take a photo with VIP, you cannot be in the yearbook.
- Free College Prep Test Ten seats are still open for any Centennial student for a free SAT or ACT practice test on Saturday, October 20, at 1 p.m. at the Sylvan Learning Center -- near Centennial. Besides the free test, a student will receive an assessment of his/her results and one month of online study materials through Sylvan. Sylvan is partnering with the Parent-Teacher-Student Association and asking each family to give an optional $5 donation to the PTSA. The center is located at 2001 Round Barn Road. If you are unable to register online, please call the Sylvan Learning Center at (217) 355-0008. Cut and paste the following web address into a browser to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQMrLpuyqfe_OPPpEJI-FsfZq7bFZMAlEpx3MqWddYfj_Yrg/viewform
- Congratulations to Javandre’a Johnson who was chosen as this week’s ECCA Student Spotlight. He will be featured on the Early College and Career Academy Twitter and Facebook pages.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Monday, October 15th
1st hour- Columbia University
Tuesday, October 16th
3rd hour- University of Illinois at Springfield
4th hour- Marines
Wednesday, October 17th
2nd hour- Hanover College
3rd hour- University of Southern California
Thursday, October 18th
2nd hour- Millikin University
3rd hour- Illinois College
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepge.