Monday, October 1
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events:
- Come to the October Charger 4-H Planning Meeting on Tuesday,October 2nd . We'll be planning 4-H week activities, which includes a Chocolate Tasting! We meet at 3:30 pm in room 115. .
- Centennial Dance Team will host a Fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse on Monday, October 1st from 4:00 -10:00 pm.
- Black Culture Club will be having a Mandatory meeting today after school in room 127. The meeting will begin promptly 3:20 pm. If you are a current member or interested in becoming a member, please attend this meeting. Please direct any questions to Mrs. Thomas in room 127.
- Looking for dinner tonight, help support the football booster club by eating at Panera on Kirby Monday between 4:00-8:00 pm.
- PE make-ups will be taking place on Tuesday, October 2nd both before and after school. Student will need to be dressed in PE clothes and ready to be on the track or student entrance stairwell (in case of inclement weather) by 7:30 am and or 3:30 pm. An intercom announcement will be made as to the exact location. Before school ,students should come through the student entrance
- Attention all girls! That's What Teens Say is a three day conference about empowerment, confidence, and communication building. If you are interested in applying please see your counselor by October 5th.
- Any student interested in wrestling, we will start weight training and conditioning from 3:30-4:45 on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays next week.
- Need help with math? Math tutoring kicks off THIS TUESDAY, October 2!
Tuesdays: Room 239, 3:30-4:15
Wednesdays and Thursdays: Room 236, 3:30-4:15
Look for Jam Sessions leading up to final exams this December!
Four Centennial Students have been named Commended Students in the 2018 National Merit Scholarship program. They earned this honor due to their performance on last year’s PSAT. These outstanding students are:
Bryn Gerwinn, Kashyap Joshi, Gina Kim, Ki Lim
Also, four Centennial Students have been named Semifinalists in the 2018 National Merit Scholarship program and have the opportunity to continue in the National Merit Scholarship competition. These outstanding students are:
Mary Ann Ha, Mona Jawad, Amy Paul, Pranali Vani
This is a great honor for these students and we are all really proud of them.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Monday, October 1st:
3rd hour- Transylvania University
5th hour- MacMurray College
7th hour-Eastern Illinois University
Tuesday, October 2nd:
1st hour- University of Chicago
5th hour- Purdue University
7th hour- Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech)
Thursday, October 4th:
7th hour- Indiana State University
Friday, October 5th:
5th hour- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Silgan Closures, which a local business that wants to help students find employment options after high school, will be coming to Centennial High School on Tuesday, October 2nd, during 3rd hour. If you are interested in coming, people email or talk to Mr. Chun to sign up!
Our FAFSA completion night will be Tuesday, October 2nd from 6:00-8:00 pm. The list of material to bring can be found on the CCC website, but in general, please bring tax forms, social security number or green card number, and records of any financial assets you may have. You do not have to sign up for this, but if you have any questions. Please contact Mr. Chun if you have any questions!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid will open on Monday, October 1st .If you are thinking about how to pay for college, the FAFSA is one of the ways you can find money for your education. Please contact Mr. Chun for more information!