Monday, January 28
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- Rattle the Stars is having a meeting today at 3:30 in room 230. We will discuss and organize our spring semester events. Please join us; all are welcome!
- Students who are signed up for a Dual Credit Course for the 2019-2020 school year or applying to the ECCA program you must have your application to Mr. Chun, the College and Career Counselor by February 1st.
- Charger 4-H will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, after school in 115. Project manuals are here and we will be videotaping to show others "What 4-H means to us."
- Start your semester off on a green foot: come enjoy a cup of matcha tea and Japanese Tea Ceremony in the library on Wednesday. Representatives from Japan House of the University of Illinois will share this traditional Japanese art. This is free and open to everyone. A wonderful way to center yourself. Wednesday, January 30th starting at 3:30pm.
- Any student with a Fall MTD sticker needs to come to the attendance office to get their new spring sticker. Please come before or after school. You must have sticker by Today to continue riding.
College and Career Event:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Monday, January 28:
5th hour: University of Kansas
If you signed up for a Dual Credit class for the next school year, please remember to turn in your application to Mr. Chun in the College and Career Center by next FRIDAY, February 1st! You can see a list of dual credit courses on the curriculum handbook, page 14. Please see Mr. Chun if you have any questions!
If you are interested in signing up for the Early College and Career Academy and take classes at Parkland College, please turn in your application to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center by Friday, February 1st! Extra applications can be found in the Junior/Senior Center!
Pulse is a week-long Engineerting technology conference for students at the U of I and will have a day for freshmen on Saturday, February 2nd from 9am-5pm. During this time students will get to experience different enginerring fields such as electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science. This year’s theme is medical technology and at the end of the day, they will have a mini competition where students can show off what they’ve learned and win prizes. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Chun for more information.
High school and home school students and their families can learn more about an early college program that could reduce the time it takes to earn an associate's degree or bachelor's degree after high school. An informational session on the Early Transfer Academy (ETA) will be held tonight from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in Room U140 of Parkland College's Student Union. College faculty and administrators will be on hand to discuss the academy, its benefits to students, and the eligibility requirements for participation.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.