Wednesday, January 23
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- Join Best Buddies today in the library after school for food and games at our “Minute to Win it to party!” See you after school today in the library... We’ll have snacks. Everyone is welcome!
- Come to Social Justice Action Committee’s RealTalk on the current government shutdown, today during 6th period in room 119. Join us to talk about the state of our government, how it affects us as a country and as a community.
- Centennial is starting a New Korean Club! Please join us for our first meeting today from 3:30-4:30 pm in the library. If you have questions, please email Ms. Arie or come to room 238.
- Interested in trivia? Like to compete? Charger Scholastic Bowl will host another tryout this Friday, January 25th from 3:30-5:00 in Portable Classroom 4. Bring a notebook and get ready for a trivia buzz! For more information, please contact Mr. Cheun.
- Centennial’s annual cultural event, the Black Writers Read-In, is set to happen on February the 8th! This year’s theme is “This Is America!” Do you have an interest in performing? Do you want to show pride as or for people of color? Interested in taking a stand against racism across America? Pick a poem and sign up as soon as possible on your Google Classroom or in the cafeteria, starting Tuesday, January 22nd!
- Any student with a Fall MTD sticker needs to come to the attendance office to get their new spring sticker. Please come before or after school.
College and Career Event:
If you signed up for a Dual Credit class for the next school year, please remember to turn in your application to Mr. Chun in the College and Career Center by next FRIDAY, February 1st! You can see a list of dual credit courses on the curriculum handbook, page 14. Please see Mr. Chun if you have any questions!
If you are interested in signing up for the Early College and Career Academy and take classes at Parkland College, please turn in your application to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center by Friday, February 1st! Extra applications can be found in the Junior/Senior Center!
Pulse is a week-long Engineerting technology conference for students at the U of I and will have a day for freshmen on Saturday, February 2nd from 9am-5pm. During this time students will get to experience different enginerring fields such as electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science. This year’s theme is medical technology and at the end of the day, they will have a mini competition where students can show off what they’ve learned and win prizes. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Chun for more information.
High school and home school students and their families can learn more about an early college program that could reduce the time it takes to earn an associate's degree or bachelor's degree after high school. An informational session on the Early Transfer Academy (ETA) will be held on Monday, January, 28th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in Room U140 of Parkland College's Student Union. College faculty and administrators will be on hand to discuss the academy, its benefits to students, and the eligibility requirements for participation.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.