Friday, January 18
No School Monday, January 21 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- This is a reminder that we will be running social probation at the boys basketball game tonight at Urbana." Gooooooo Chargersssssss"
- Join Best Buddies next Wednesday in the library after school for food and games at our “Minute to Win it to party!” See you after school on Wednesday, January 23rd in the library... We’ll have snacks. Everyone is welcome!
- Any student with a Fall MTD sticker needs to come to the attendance office to get their new spring sticker. Please come before or after school.
- Interested in speaking on the Disability Panel for the Freshman English classes? It's coming up February 12th! If you are interested in being on the panel, please see Ms. Glickman before or after school as soon as possible, or send her an email.
- Boys Track and Field Tryouts will begin on Tuesday, January 22nd... that's NEXT WEEK! If you plan to tryout, please be sure to have a valid physical on file with the Athletic Director AND make sure you are registered online for the team. If you have any questions, please see Coach Easter as soon as possible.
- Today the Men's Swimming and Diving team will be collecting change to support the Special Olympics. We are working with Central and Urbana to raise money for this great cause. Also, all admissions from the Twin City Meet on Tuesday will go to the Special Olympics. If you can't come to the meet, please consider donating your change.
- "See Centennial's talents shine at the Spectrum Talent Show! We'll sing, we'll dance, and more! Shows are tonight and Saturday, January 19th at 7:00pm. Tickets are $5.00 each - see Ms. Green or talent show participants for tickets. Questions? Email Ms. Green at firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Shuttle bus to Central will start picking up and dropping in front of school. Please use the front entrance door.
College and Career Center Events:
The following institutions will be visiting Centennial next week. Please note that all students can attend a college visit, and must sign up at least the school day before to attend. Students must have permission from the teacher whose class they will be missing, as well as their parent/guardians to attend, and will be responsible for any missing work. Students can sign up for visits on Naviance, or can talk to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, January 22nd:
3rd hour: Lakeview College of Nursing
5th hour: National Guard
If you are interested in signing up for the Early College and Career Academy and take classes at Parkland College, please turn in your application to Mr. Chun at the College and Career Center by Friday, February 1st! Extra applications can be found in the Junior/Senior Center!
Pulse is a week-long Engineerting technology conference for students at the U of I and will have a day for freshmen on Saturday, February 2nd from 9am-5pm. During this time students will get to experience different enginerring fields such as electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science. This year’s theme is medical technology and at the end of the day, they will have a mini competition where students can show off what they’ve learned and win prizes. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Chun for more information.
High school and home school students and their families can learn more about an early college program that could reduce the time it takes to earn an associate's degree or bachelor's degree after high school.
An informational session on the Early Transfer Academy (ETA) will be held on Monday, January, 28th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in Room U140 of Parkland College's Student Union. College faculty and administrators will be on hand to discuss the academy, its benefits to students, and the eligibility requirements for participation.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.