Monday, January 14
Upcoming Clubs and Activities Events
- All student athletes interested in girl’s Track and Field are required to meet with the coaching staff next week. For information contact Coach Buss today.
- Charger 4-H will meet Tuesday, January 15th at 3:30 in room 115. Come plan the semester and work on our promotional video. Please bring signed forms to work at Healing Horses Stable, if you plan to volunteer. The next meeting will be January 29th.
- Softball workouts have begun. If you are interested in playing softball this spring, please attend workouts on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00-6:00 and Sunday open gyms from 6:00-8:00.
- Centennial Dance Team Fundraiser at Chipotle on 903 W Anthony Drive on Tuesday, January 15th from 5:00-9:00pm
- Attention all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders! Counselors will begin meeting with students today, to finalize your course selection for the 2019-2020 school year. Please be sure you have selected your courses through Home Access Center!
- Interested in speaking on the Disability Panel for the Freshman English classes? It's coming up Tuesday, February 12th! If you are interested in being on the panel, please see Ms. Glickman before or after school as soon as possible, or send her an email.
- "See Centennial's talents shine at the Spectrum Talent Show! We'll sing, we'll dance, and more! Shows are Friday, January 18th and Saturday, January 19th at 7:00pm. Tickets are $5.00 each - see Ms. Green or talent show participants for tickets. Questions? Email Ms. Green at email@example.com."
- Do you rap, sing, dance, model, tell jokes??? Well you definitely want to STOP what you are doing and listen to this announcement. Champaign Centennial's Black Culture Club Talent Show is quickly approaching! We will be having a mandatory informational meeting for all students interested. The meeting is THIS Friday, January 11th during 4th, 5th, and 6th hour lunch periods in room 119. Please direct any questions to Mrs. Thomas (the BLACK Culture Club Mrs. Thomas) in room 127. We look forward to seeing you there!
College and Career Center Events:
Pulse is a week-long Engineerting technology conference for students at the U of I and will have a day for freshmen on Saturday, February 2nd from 9am-5pm. During this time students will get to experience different enginerring fields such as electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science. This year’s theme is medical technology and at the end of the day, they will have a mini competition where students can show off what they’ve learned and win prizes. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Chun for more information.
High school and home school students and their families can learn more about an early college program that could reduce the time it takes to earn an associate's degree or bachelor's degree after high school.
An informational session on the Early Transfer Academy (ETA) will be held on Monday, January, 28th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in Room U140 of Parkland College's Student Union. College faculty and administrators will be on hand to discuss the academy, its benefits to students, and the eligibility requirements for participation.
To view athletic events, Please use the "Calendar" link on Centennial's homepage.